Triglot
Greece
Joined 4249 days ago

7 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Greek*, English, SpanishB2
Studies: German

Message 1 of 13
12 February 2013 at 5:30pm | IP Logged 
Hello! I'm Luna from Greece. I'm here to work on my languages and get inspiration.
I'm currently studying:
Spanish (B1 level...most of the times it feels like A2 while at the same time I´m expected to write a B2 exam by the upcoming summer)
German (A2-B1 level..most likely A2)
Español, empecé hace 2 años. Quiero mejorar mi vocabulario... así que estoy aqui.
Vor 3 Monate habe ich einen Deutschkurs gestartet. Ich habe viele Sachen gelernt, aber es fällt mir schwer mich auszudrücken.Die Satzstellung ist mein Albtraum (sozusagen). xD

Edited by LunaK on 17 February 2013 at 11:51am

1 person has voted this message useful

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5207 days ago

2241 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 2 of 13
12 February 2013 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum, LunaK! If you want to know what it takes to bring your Spanish up to B2, have a look at member emk's log: French: Taking it to the next level. Even though he was not learning Spanish, most of his techniques and ideas are very useful for anyone who wants to improve their language skills beyond low intermediate. Reading emk's log is well worth your time.

For Spanish specifically, in addition to your other methods, I would recommend a book (it's not a course, more of a guide) Breaking Out of Beginner's Spanish by Joseph J. Keenan, Veinte Mundos an online listening/reading magazine and Centro Virtual Cervantes Aveteca which has free multimedia exercises and lessons for levels A-1 through C-1 in monolingual Spanish. Language exchanges can be arranged via italki.

Again, welcome to the forum!
2 persons have voted this message useful

embici
Triglot
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4555 days ago

263 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French
Studies: Greek

Message 3 of 13
12 February 2013 at 6:45pm | IP Logged 
Bienvenida al foro, Luna.

I'm sure you will find lots of useful information and motivation around here, as I have.

There are also lots of people on the internet (and in this forum) who are willing to
correct written work should you decide to practise writing in your target language(s).

¡Buena suerte!

LunaK
Triglot
Greece
Joined 4249 days ago

7 posts - 7 votes

Message 4 of 13
12 February 2013 at 6:51pm | IP Logged 
Thank you iguanamon and embici for the warm welcome and the information you gave me! :)

for the people reading this...Whoever wants to practice those languages with me (or wants help with his Greek), you can always send me a private message!

embici
Triglot
Joined 4555 days ago

263 posts - 370 votes 

Message 5 of 13
23 February 2013 at 7:53pm | IP Logged 
Hi LunaK.
Here is a free resource for you for Spanish (although it might be a bit easy for you):

Language Transfer

I haven't tried their Spanish but their Greek course is excellent.

LunaK
Triglot
Greece
Joined 4249 days ago

7 posts - 7 votes

Message 6 of 13
01 March 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged 
Thanks! I'll check them out. The Greek I already checked and while it IS useful (I guess) their accent is not perfect.I realize that it's difficult for a person to be bilingual from childhood to be able to speak both languages perfectly (the only people I have heard speaking Greek with no accent are some Spanish ones)...I just thought you should know. What I mean to say is, that a native speaker would know at once that these guys don't have Greek as a mother tongue. To communicate though, this is more than sufficient. :)

renaissancemedi
Bilingual Triglot
Greece
Joined 4303 days ago

941 posts - 1309 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Ancient Greek*, EnglishC2
Studies: French, Russian, Turkish, Modern Hebrew

Message 7 of 13
01 March 2013 at 6:41pm | IP Logged 
Hello Luna. Welcome! A bit of accent is charming, I love it.

Pastilies gia ton pono tou allou. Have you seen the add?

See you around.

embici
Triglot
Joined 4555 days ago

263 posts - 370 votes 

Message 8 of 13
01 March 2013 at 7:17pm | IP Logged 
LunaK wrote:
The Greek I already checked and while it IS useful (I guess) their accent is not perfect....
What I mean to say is, that a native speaker would know at once that these guys don't have Greek as a mother tongue. To communicate though, this is more than sufficient. :)

I'm surprised to read that, LunaK, as the instructor is from Cyprus and a native Greek speaker. The students sound French to me.

Is the Cypriot accent that different?

This discussion contains 13 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version