finnishtoenglish.wor
Joined 4249 days ago

4 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English*, FinnishC1, Spanish
Studies: Swedish

Message 1 of 3
13 February 2013 at 3:04am | IP Logged 
Hi all!

I'm Jenna, twenty years old, and from the United States. I'm surprised I hadn't stumbled on this place before as it
seems like the perfect forum for me to belong to. I've been lurking for the past few days and finally decided to
join.

I've been learning Finnish on my own for about the past five years, studying it off and on whenever I have the
chance. I lived last year in Helsinki and will go to the University of Jyväskylä this coming autumn, studying
English, Finnish, and Spanish. In the future, I hope to be a professor or teacher of one of those languages and
then do translation work on the side. I have a translation blog that I use as a record of my translations of Finnish
to English, the link is in my profile if you're interested!

In addition to Finnish and Spanish, I've tried out Arabic and Chinese (and then discovered they're maybe not the
languages for me... I don't do too well with separate character or alphabet systems.) and have fallen in love with
French and Swedish, so I do hope to reach fluency in those two at some point. I've already started with Swedish
and really like it.

Nice to meet you!

Saa muuten vastata tähän suomeksi jos huvittaa! :-)

Edited by Jennanen on 13 February 2013 at 3:10am

5 persons have voted this message useful

RMAL
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4208 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: English*, Russian
Studies: Mandarin, Finnish, Croatian

Message 2 of 3
25 March 2013 at 2:42am | IP Logged 
Tervetuloa ^^

I love Finnish too, and it's a great country. What do you think of Swedish, difficulty-wise, in comparison?
1 person has voted this message useful

caam_imt
Triglot
Mexico
Joined 4807 days ago

232 posts - 357 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2, Finnish
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 3 of 3
25 March 2013 at 11:45am | IP Logged 
Moikka! tervetuloa foorumille!

I don't know when you got your certificate of Finnish, so perhaps this is an old thing
for you, but congratulations! it's my goal to achieve C1 in Finnish and I'm finding it a
bit hard to progress at the moment (even though I live in Finland). Good
luck with your studies!

Edited by caam_imt on 25 March 2013 at 11:46am

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version