Switzerland
Joined 4161 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: French*
Studies: English

Message 1 of 3
12 May 2013 at 7:22am | IP Logged 
(Bonjour) Hi!

My name is Amandine, I live in Switzerland and I'm Swiss, in Geneva and so I speak french.French is the
single language that I master correctly, unfortunately... I would like speak, write and understand English like
I know it in french.That irritate!Because English is everywhere... English is getting essential.It's very
important know it now! I'm reading a English book "the stranger's child" by Alan Hollinghurst in order to
improve.I understand well the story but I must search a lot of words.I'm sorry for all mistakes that I could
make.Grammar french's is very different then it's difficult...

Apart from that, I learn too chinese (beginner level,I started isn't there for the long time)and
Korean.Unfortunately, I could not start because the book that I commanded isn't yet arrived.I love listen
korean.I think that it's a beautiful language.I like it! And chinese cause I love the writing not forget that's the
language much speaker in the word.That could be useful me... (and because I go in China this summer)

Concern English... It's a language very appreciate here.Most people like English.It's right, it's a beautiful
tongue.I'm okay that on!
1 person has voted this message useful

RogueMD
United States
Joined 4965 days ago

72 posts - 82 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 2 of 3
12 May 2013 at 8:20pm | IP Logged 
Welcome Amandine!
This site has been very helpful for me. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who are very eager to
share information!
I hope it proves beneficial to you!

RogueMD

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4954 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 3 of 3
12 May 2013 at 10:12pm | IP Logged 
Hi,welcome to the forum.

Reading is a great way to improve a language, I wish you a lot of success. Most people
may or may not like English (I don't) but unfortunately it is becoming more and more
important so your decision is a logical one. Following your heart to the asian languages
sounds like a great adventure! Enjoy it and perhaps make a log on the forums.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version