Joy7crf
United States
Joined 4725 days ago

3 posts - 5 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Modern Hebrew

Message 1 of 5
16 June 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged 
I am a 21 year old student with hopes of learning as many languages as I can someday. I
have always found languages to be fascinating, and ever since I was a young girl I
wished to learn some, but due to lack of resources at the time, I was not able to start
learning a foreign language until later. I was thinking I should start working at my
Hebrew again, so I was searching language forums and came by this one and remembered
that I had made an account here some years back! So here I am back again!

I hope to learn Hebrew fluently someday. I worked at learning it for a few years, but
the past few years or so I have not really practiced at all, so I need to get back to
it.

I would also like to learn biblical Hebrew someday and maybe Greek, then I would like
to learn Latin, Arabic, and Russian if those were possible. There are so many that I
would love to learn, and yet I have so little time since I am a college student, so for
now I will just work at my Hebrew when I can and hope to learn more in the near future!
I am on summer break, so I have a bit more time on my hands than before, so I will try
practicing more. :)

Edited by Joy7crf on 16 June 2013 at 8:56pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5792 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 5
25 June 2013 at 7:24am | IP Logged 
Welcome to our HTLAL language forum, Joy!
3 persons have voted this message useful

Joy7crf
United States
Joined 4725 days ago

3 posts - 5 votes

Message 3 of 5
25 June 2013 at 7:32am | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
Welcome to our HTLAL language forum, Joy!

Thank you very much for the welcome! :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4279 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 
Speaks: English, Spanish*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 4 of 5
25 June 2013 at 11:11pm | IP Logged 
Welcome, Joy. Some languages you've chosen! :)
If you enjoy the process of learning languages, you're sure to enjoy your stay here. It's a great place to learn from other people and share your experiences while working your target language.

In HTLAL there are some people currently in college and university, like yourself, so learning one or two new languages while studying is not truly impossible. Why don't you check out the Language Learning Log forum? I've found that keeping a log (or a blog) helps keep one's study habits in check.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Joy7crf
United States
Joined 4725 days ago

3 posts - 5 votes

Message 5 of 5
26 June 2013 at 9:32am | IP Logged 
Lakeseayesno wrote:
Welcome, Joy. Some languages you've chosen! :)
If you enjoy the process of learning languages, you're sure to enjoy your stay here.
It's a great place to learn from other people and share your experiences while working
your target language.

In HTLAL there are some people currently in college and university, like yourself, so
learning one or two new languages while studying is not truly impossible. Why don't you
check out the Language Learning Log forum? I've found that keeping a log (or a blog)
helps keep one's study habits in check.

Thank you very much! :)

Oh that is good to know! Thank you for the advice, I really do need to do something
like that so that I retain what I have learned thus far. I will have to try that, I am
not always good about keeping up with things, but I nee to try. :)

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version