So grateful for this resource!

Language Learning Forum : Members profiles Post Reply
HaliKat
Canada
Joined 4102 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 1 of 1
08 July 2013 at 11:29am | IP Logged 
Hi all, first off I just want to say that finding this group is very exciting for me. Yesterday I felt like the heavens
opened up and I heard angels sing!

I have a young daughter who is extremely gifted in languages. She taught herself how to write (English) at
two and at three she started trying to teach herself French. In her first year of French schooling, she's
already two grade levels above her peers. Now she wants to tackle Spanish and Mandarin. And she
recently told me that she "wants to learn all of the languages in the world so that when she travels, she'll be
able to talk with everyone."

I took a couple of semesters of Mandarin in University and I find Spanish relatively easy to understand the
gist of what people are saying due to speaking French, but what I've really been looking for are resources so
we can learn all of the languages that my daughter wants to learn. I found that thread and have already
started bookmarking different websites and resources to help us on our way.

Hope you're all having a great day.

Take Care,
Kathy

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version