Tags: Hebrew
 Language Learning Forum : Questions About Your Target Languages Post Reply
robarb
Nonaglot
United States
languagenpluson
Joined 5004 days ago

361 posts - 921 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese, English*, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, French
Studies: Mandarin, Danish, Russian, Norwegian, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Greek, Latin, Nepali, Modern Hebrew

Message 1 of 2
24 February 2015 at 4:27am | IP Logged 
I just discovered Yanshuf, a bi-weekly mini-newspaper for intermediate Hebrew learners. It comes with pointed
texts and audio recordings of the articles. I've read some of the sample issue and it seems pretty good. But it's
rather expensive (a 6 month subscription is $5 for each issue of a few short pages, which is something like 10 times
the going rate for ebook content), so I thought I'd get some people's opinions here before buying, even though it
seems worth it.

- Anyone here who has read Yanshuf, is the content rich enough to maintain interest for a whole year or more of
subscription? Or should I get only 6 months?

- Is there any better option for simple pointed/recorded Hebrew texts, either free or for a lower price?

http://www.hebrewtoday.com/categories/yanshuf-products

Edited by robarb on 24 February 2015 at 4:32am

1 person has voted this message useful

geoffw
Triglot
United States
Joined 4633 days ago

1134 posts - 1865 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Yiddish
Studies: Modern Hebrew, French, Dutch, Italian, Russian

Message 2 of 2
24 February 2015 at 9:33pm | IP Logged 
Yanshuf, as I recall, closely resembles the now defunct Education Ministry-sponsored Sha'ar LaMatchil. Given the
striking similarity, plus the lack of anything dated post-2012 on the website, I've been wondering whether they
really exist and are still publishing or not.

In any event, I am not aware of anything better. Again, going by the (maybe possibly unrelated) Sha'ar LaMatchil, it
was pretty effective, I thought.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version