Elanguest
Malta
elanguest.com
Joined 3811 days ago

19 posts - 26 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 9 of 9
02 May 2014 at 3:33pm | IP Logged 
"Of" and "for" have many different uses and meanings. They are used so much in fact, and many times in extremely
similar situations, that often there is no "correct" answer by rule, and the best way is just to run your sentence by a
native speaker and ask what sounds best according to what you're trying to express. Honestly, in your sentence, I
would use for, but someone from a different region of my country or a different English-speaking country might
have a different opinion. Language is an art, not a science, as much as we want it to be so that we can define
everything in neat little categories. :) Moreover, it's constantly changing not only by region but also through time.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version