Already banned: zarathustra, lifelover
Canada
Joined 5234 days ago

23 posts - 47 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Russian

Message 1 of 4
05 September 2010 at 3:02am | IP Logged 
I've recently finished both TY Improve Your German and MT Advanced German. I'm looking for (primarily) audio courses, because my goal at the moment is to be conversationally fluent for my trip to Germany in the spring. Any recommendations?
1 person has voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6309 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 2 of 4
05 September 2010 at 9:53am | IP Logged 
Look at GermanPod101's lower and upper
intermediate lessons.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Chris
Heptaglot
Japan
Joined 6960 days ago

287 posts - 452 votes 
Speaks: English*, Russian, Indonesian, French, Malay, Japanese, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Korean, Mongolian

Message 3 of 4
14 September 2010 at 3:46pm | IP Logged 
Living Language Ultimate German Advanced?

Adrean
TAC 2010 Winner
France
adrean83.wordpress.c
Joined 6007 days ago

348 posts - 411 votes 
Speaks: FrenchC1

Message 4 of 4
18 September 2010 at 8:35pm | IP Logged 
Hi I'm a big fan of 'Learn in your car French'. It's cheap, there's hours of study, it's all audio. It's simply sentences you have to translate and each audio track focuses either on a grammar point or something like going to the doctor. It's a really great program and goes beyond the beyond of the advanced Michel Thomas course. It's sooo challenging at the later levels. I've sang the courses praise many times on this forum. I just checked and yes it's available in German. Here is what is says on amazon.com

Amazon.com Review
Look ma, no textbooks! The Learn in Your Car series treats you like a child--in the best possible way--starting with one-word phrases ("please," "good-by"), counting exercises, and simple nouns ("bus," "train") designed to imitate a child's learning process. First you hear the words in English, then they are repeated slowly in clear, unaccented pronunciations. The method is extremely effective for those who don't know a thing, or for those who want to brush up by testing themselves when the English words are spoken. The tapes emphasize the building blocks of communicating in a foreign country rather than rote phrases that only apply on the tape and not in real-life exchanges. Level 1 painlessly covers basic verb forms, essential prepositions, near future and past tenses, as well as shopping, hotel reservations, and other travel-related situations. The series includes French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, and Spanish in three levels that can be purchased individually or in boxed sets. Each level contains two 90-minute cassettes (or CDs) and an accompanying booklet (not for use behind the wheel) with helpful explanations and scripts for the lessons.
Product Description
Six 90-minutes cassettes plus a full text listening guide. Level 1: Introduction to key words, numbers, phrases, sentence structure, and basic grammar. Level 2: More challenging vocabulary, grammar, and complex sentences generate confidence in your ability to comprehend and converse. Level 3: Expanded vocabulary, advanced grammar and complex sentences to expand your conversational skills.

good luck!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version