koba
Heptaglot
AustriaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5708 days ago

118 posts - 201 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian, French

Message 1 of 2
16 September 2010 at 12:55pm | IP Logged 
Has anyone ever tried these? How worth are they and how are they like? Are they simply phrase books? How much content is there? The price is about €18 for each one on the Assimil website, pretty much the same price that you would pay for a regular Assimil course, but i'm talking about languages like Icelandic, Afrikaans, which don't have yet courses published by the company and that might be worth buying. So, what can you tell me about the Assimil On The Road series?

Edited by koba on 16 September 2010 at 1:20pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5405 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 2 of 2
16 September 2010 at 4:04pm | IP Logged 
They are phrase books - quite nicely made, in the style of Collins Easy Learning Conversation, with good audio, but phrase books nevertheless.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version