Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5385 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 1 of 2
05 August 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged 
Do people think it is better (where possible) to use pictures instead of words in L1
when making flashcards? E.g. if one speaks English as L1 and is learning the German
word 'die Reisetasche', is it more optimum to write 'travel bag' on the English side, or
just attach a picture of a travel bag (or both)?
1 person has voted this message useful

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5905 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 2 of 2
05 August 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged 
It's too time-consuming for me to attach pictures to the first 500 flashcards, otherwise that's a very good idea. Question: What do you do with pronouns? For example, if the card is "sein/e" for "his" what would be the picture?

Still, if I had more time, I would do a foreign language without using my native language. The more immersion the better.

I'm trying to use a all-French dictionary for flashcards at the intermediate level. I've never tried it at the beginner level.

edit: I'm having browser problems, hopefully my post looks okay ;)

Edited by Sunja on 05 August 2013 at 12:12pm

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version