Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 5114 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Polish, Latin, Ancient Greek, Russian

Message 41 of 119
29 February 2012 at 1:11am | IP Logged 
¡Muchas gracias por las correcciones! Me alegro mucho de que sólo cometiera dos errores. :)

¡Buena suerte con tus estudios (y con tus exámenes)!
1 person has voted this message useful

Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 5114 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 

Message 42 of 119
04 March 2012 at 1:34am | IP Logged 
This week was pretty awful language-wise, with one notable exception.

My Spanish consisted of finishing Chapter 6 of La Ciudad de las Bestias, reading Chapter 7, and starting
Chapter 8. I'm on page 118 now - only 283 pages left! I also did 45 minutes of flashcards. That's it. It was a
pathetic week.

For Latin, I started Chapter 22 of Wheelock's, which is about passive voice.

For Polish, I did a little bit of vocabulary (40 minutes, I think) and did some flashcards. Oh, and then the big
news - I FINISHED PAN TADEUSZ!!!!!!!!!! Now I have read six books in Polish!!!!!!!!!! Next I am going to
read Stara baśń , since my Polish teacher really likes that book and really wants me to read it. I can't
wait!!! :)

I used a lot of exclamation points in that last paragraph, but I am very excited about having finished Pan
Tadeusz
at last. It took me about 6 months to read!

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5509 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Polish

Message 43 of 119
04 March 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged 
¡Enhorabuena con acabar Pan Tadeusz! ¡Ahora has leído uno de los libros más importantes (si no lo más importante)
del mundo de escritura polaca!

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6540 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 44 of 119
04 March 2012 at 12:56pm | IP Logged 
FANTASTIC!!!! CONGRATS! <3

Gosiak
Triglot
Poland
Joined 5069 days ago

241 posts - 361 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, German
Studies: Norwegian, Welsh

Message 45 of 119
06 March 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged 
Gratuluję serdecznie!

"Stara Baśń" jest bardzo ciekawa i na pewno Ci się spodoba. Film też polecam, jest nawet
na youtubie i ma angielskie napisy ->
Pozdrawiam
GoskaStara Basn with English subtitles
part 1

Edited by Gosiak on 06 March 2012 at 11:59pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 5114 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 

Message 46 of 119
07 March 2012 at 1:53am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the support, Vos and Serpent! I am very excited about finishing "Pan Tadeusz"! :)

Gosiak, dziękuję za link! Na pewno mi się przydaje. Cieszę się słyszeć, że Ty też uważasz "Starą baśń" za
dobrą książkę. Już przeczytałam kilka stron i wydaje mi się bardzo interesujące. :)

Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 5114 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 

Message 47 of 119
18 March 2012 at 8:28pm | IP Logged 
Well, it has been way too long since I posted. I have been really busy, but at least I have been getting my
studying done.

Polish
I started to read "Stara baśń" - so far I like it a lot. The style kind of reminds me of that of James Fennimore
Cooper's books, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but oh well. I finished my essay on Telimena and
Zosia. The final word count is 1,850! Wow! Hopefully my Polish improved a lot through writing it.

I have met with my Polish tutor a couple of times and we had some good conversations. She corrected my
essay for me (it's nice to have a tutor who is a schoolteacher) and my grammar wasn't that bad. It still
needs some work, though.

I also read more poems.

Spanish
I read another chapter of La Ciudad de las Bestias. I looked up lots and lots of new words. I studied
grammar less than I should have, but I did study it some and "por" and "para" are really making sense to me
now! (I just cringe every so often thinking of all the idiotic mistakes I have made with those two prepositions in
the past!)

I watched some news videos and listened to other Spanish materials. I need to write an essay, and for lack of
a better topic, I am going to write about my intense dislike for my cat. It's going to be about 200 words long,
so I'll post it when I write it (which will hopefully be soon).

Latin
I finished Chapter 22 of Wheelock's and started Chapter 23. Chapter 23 is all about participles! I cannot
convey how excited I was to finally learn participles in Latin (just picture me running around babbling about
the wonders of Latin grammar to everyone I met).

2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6540 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 48 of 119
18 March 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged 
Hi!
I've finally started learning Polish as well! Loving it more and more. ♥ I've got a huge advantage as a native speaker of Russian with some knowledge of Belarusian and Ukrainian, so for now I'm just listening-reading with both in L2. I'm hopefully going to Poland in early May and I'm going to do a lot of shadowing, starting from next week.

Thought I'd let you know that we now have a consistency thread. you don't have to update daily or even weekly:)

This discussion contains 119 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version