Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5277 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 9 of 89
24 January 2013 at 5:42am | IP Logged 
I'll be doing Russian - hoping that this one will push me from A2 to a low B1 :-)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6846 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 10 of 89
24 January 2013 at 11:34am | IP Logged 
I'll be doing Swedish. Hopefully, I'll have enough time as I've been really busy recently (and not with languages, unfortunately).

Serpent, I'll miss you! Can I convince you somehow? :)

1 person has voted this message useful

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5612 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 11 of 89
24 January 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged 
I'm in for Indonesian again, hoping to make some real progress this time.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Hidden Linguist
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 4302 days ago

64 posts - 87 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish, Mandarin, Sign Language, French

Message 12 of 89
24 January 2013 at 1:16pm | IP Logged 
I've never tried a 6wc before. I think I'll give it a go with Mandarin.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6540 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 13 of 89
24 January 2013 at 3:34pm | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:
Serpent, I'll miss you! Can I convince you somehow? :)
Not now :* I considered logging only my "target language" and then whatever I wanted to have stats for - football, work and assimil, for example. But then I decided to take a break from that completely - given that I've read just 100 pages of Belarusian for the Super Challenge, I really shouldn't feel bad about doing it instead of Croatian or whatever target language I would pick.
We don't have to wait for May, though :) there will definitely be Tadoku before that. In fact it's on already now, so you could (maybe?) participate for the remaining week :D you'll easily read more German than I have all month :D although tbh I'm not sure if the registration is still open.

Edited by Serpent on 24 January 2013 at 4:15pm

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6846 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 14 of 89
24 January 2013 at 5:25pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
given that I've read just 100 pages of Belarusian for the Super Challenge, I really shouldn't feel bad about doing it instead of Croatian or whatever target language I would pick.

Taking part in 6WC or not, you should never feel guilty about something like that! I'm not an experienced 6WC participant but during my first 6WC I devoted less than 7% of total learning time to my 6WC target language, and I don't feel the slightest guilt, I just had different priorities at the moment.

If that's the reeason you don't want to take part in this 6WC, it's really not a good one ;)

Serpent wrote:

We don't have to wait for May, though :) there will definitely be Tadoku before that. In fact it's on already now, so you could (maybe?) participate for the remaining week :D you'll easily read more German than I have all month :D although tbh I'm not sure if the registration is still open.

I have kind of a crazy schedule till the end of January so no German reading for me during this week :) but if there are some other challenge opportunities later on, let me know!

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6540 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 15 of 89
24 January 2013 at 7:02pm | IP Logged 
the problem is that i would need TWO target languages :) I don't want either of them to be as (un)important as the easy options like Spanish or Italian.
i also want to do specifically the super challenge stuff. the 6wc encourages me to do even more random stuff (which i'm already good at).

i miss last May's 6wc when I was super excited about the Euro and went to Poland for 10 days and i was the third on target hours and the second on totals. i'd like to do well on target next time i do a 6wc :) maybe not a repeat of that but at least being in the top10.

Aww, Sprachprofi, thanks for changing the archive settings so that the newest challenges are displayed first!!!

Emiliana
Diglot
Groupie
Germany
Joined 5057 days ago

81 posts - 98 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Arabic (classical)

Message 16 of 89
24 January 2013 at 7:33pm | IP Logged 
I never every had the idea before to particiapte in such a challenge, but, well, I think I'll do it anyway because I really really want to improve my French to a level that can easily lead me to fluency (means I can interact at least on a low level in most situations, with a good command of the grammer and pronouncation and enough vocabulary). At the moment my level is around A2 I would guess. And I hope this challenge will help me with my motivation.

QUestion: Do I need a twitter account to participate or is there any other way to log?

Edited by Emiliana on 24 January 2013 at 7:36pm

This discussion contains 89 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version