5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 73 of 117
09 February 2011 at 6:00pm | IP Logged 
Iwwersetzerin wrote:
Just got the detailed results of the CELI 3 and I'm pretty impressed with myself right now, it looks like I underestimated my performance considerably:

Prova di comprensione della lettura: 40/40 !!!
Prova di produzione di testi scritti: 37/40 (now that's a lot better than for the CELI 2!)
Prova di competenza linguistica: 18/20
Prova di comprensione dell'ascolto: 27/40
Prova orale: 45/60

That's a great motivation boost and I'm thinking about attempting the CELI 4 (C1 level) in November this year, although it seems that there is quite a difference between B2 and C1.

Ti mando le feliciazioni per questo eccelente risoltato. Hai ricevuto 100 % per leggere, questo è ottimo. Soltanto per ascoltare è per l'orale hai bastante di meno, pero come risoltato assieme è veramente buono!

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 09 February 2011 at 8:39pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 74 of 117
09 February 2011 at 6:42pm | IP Logged 
Grazie Fasulye! Non mi sorprende che ho ottenuto il migliore risoltato nella lettura, perché leggo molto e mi piace moltissimo la lettura. La prova di comprensione dell'ascolto era dificile perché una persona parlava con un accento que non riuscivo a capire bene. E la prova orale è sempre dificile per me, perché non mi piace parlare in una situazione così artificiale et non ho spesso l'occasione di parlare in Italiano.
Credo che il risoltato è abbastanze bene per una persona che non ha mai fatto un corso di lingua Italiana! Sono davvero molto contenta.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5289 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 75 of 117
12 February 2011 at 12:39am | IP Logged 
Complimenti per l’ottimo risultato!

Now, if I may, I’d like to point out a couple of minor mistakes in your Italian post above that you may want to watch out for:

1. the conjunction ‘and’ is spelled e not *et

2. the relative pronoun is spelled che not *que (maybe it’s an interference with French).

3. after ‘credo che’ one must use the ‘congiuntivo’ (only in some variations of Italian—that is only in some regions, where the local dialect influences the grammar patterns of spoken Italian—and in very informal speech you may hear ‘credo che’ followed by a simple present/indicativo presente); I would always say ‘credo che il risultato sia abbastanza buono’.

4. ‘buono’ is an adjective and ‘bene’ is an adverb. After the verb ‘essere’ (the ‘copula’ of the ‘predicato nominale’) you need the adjective. If you use another verb such as ‘andare’ you need the adverb: ‘il risultato è abbastanza buono’ but ‘l’esame è andato abbastanza bene’.

5. usually one would say ‘non mi sorprende aver ottenuto…’ rather than ‘non mi sorprende che ho ottenuto’, but right now I can’t give you a good grammar explanation why.

6. there are a couple of spelling mistakes: one should write risultato instead of *risoltato; difficile instead of *dificile and finally abbastanza instead of *abbastanze.

I hope this was helpful.
Congratulations once again.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1

Message 76 of 117
12 February 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the corrections Emme! I really have to take my time to check what I write, because I could have avoided all those mistakes if I had reread my post more carefully! Interferences with French and Spanish are indeed a problem sometimes, but now much less so than when I started learning Italian.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 77 of 117
14 February 2011 at 6:25pm | IP Logged 
Progress made in the last weeks:

Italian:
- Reading Novelle Italiane contemporanee page 97
I've bought a couple of Italian books and plan on reading in Italian regularly

Dutch:
- Teach Yourself page 186
I would also like to start reading some books in Dutch, but don't really know where to start. A friend gave Multatuli's Max Havelaar to me and I bought a book by Cees Nooteboom just today. I'm in Brussels at the moment, so I have access to bookstores with Dutch books, but I have to confess that I don't know much about Dutch (or Belgian) literature. There are a lot of translations into Dutch available, but I would prefer to read something that was originally written in Dutch. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 78 of 117
20 August 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged 
Time to revive this poor little log that I abandoned for way too long!
I haven't abandoned my language learning though and even though I haven't done as much as I would have liked during the last few months due to lots of traveling and heavy workload, I'm making slow but steady progress in both Dutch and Italian.

Italian:
I read the Italian/French bilingual book Novelle Italiane contemporanee and am currently reading Capprici, an Italian/German bilingual book of short stories. I bought lots of Italian books that I intend to read before the end of the year and I might even attempt the CELI 4 (C1) in November, although I don't think that I'm quite ready yet.

Dutch:
I'm participating in the current 6 Week Challenge with Dutch and try to reach at least 60 hours of study. So far, I have finished Teach Yourself, I'm redoing Assimil (about half-way through) and I'm also about half-way through the Lonely Planet phrasebook. I also bought a couple of books I intend to read before the end of the year. I also watch some Dutch TV to improve my listening comprehension, but unfortunately, I only get a few regional channels that are frankly quite boring. Any interesting Dutch podcasts around?

As for other languages, I'm probably going to do either Indonesian or Catalan for the next 6 Week Challenge and I'll leave my other 2 big interests, Russian and Portuguese for next year as days only have 24 hours and, as always, I'm doing way too many things at a time!

Edited by Iwwersetzerin on 20 August 2011 at 2:00pm

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5151 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 79 of 117
21 August 2011 at 8:18pm | IP Logged 
I've just happened upon your log, and wanted to offer Congratulations (albeit belated) on your exam results! - It's really inspiring, knowing that such a level's attainable through the hard work of self-study.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 80 of 117
21 August 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged 
Thank you very much for the compliment, songlines!
Good luck with your French studies!

This discussion contains 117 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version