Iwwersetzerin’s language learning log

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
117 messages over 15 pages: 13 4 5 6 7 ... 2 ... 14 15 Next >>
Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5518 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 9 of 117
19 June 2009 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
Progress is slow but steady.

Dutch: Assimil lesson 27
Online course ella.eu: Vocabulary level A1: 5 lessons / Grammar: finished 3 parts out of 42

Esperanto:
Assimil lesson 43
Lernu.net: Introduction 100% - Courses 12% - Learning 3% - Biblioteko 2%

I'll be leaving for holidays tomorrow and still haven't decided whether I will take my Assimil Dutch with me or rather some good literature to read on the plane, bus and ferry. Hm, maybe both.
1 person has voted this message useful

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5518 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1

Message 10 of 117
05 July 2009 at 2:55pm | IP Logged 
It has been 2 weeks since I last updated this log. I was on holiday for most of that time in Riga, Tallinn and Helsinki, really beautiful places where I had the opportunity to listen to Latvian, Estonian and Finnish, languages I do not know much about, but that sound quite interesting. I also heard a lot of Russian spoken and was glad to realize that I still understand some of it. I took my Assimil Dutch with me, but did not study that much. I have made it to lesson 31 so far.
I also watched a movie in Italian and understood almost everything, which is rather encouraging.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5518 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 11 of 117
12 July 2009 at 2:27pm | IP Logged 
This week's progress: Assimil Dutch lesson 36

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5518 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 12 of 117
20 July 2009 at 11:11am | IP Logged 
It was a good week for Dutch. I went to Belgium (Bruges and Blankenberge) for the weekend and I felt that I have really made some progress. My vocabulary has definitely increased and I can understand people much better than before. We took a boat tour on the canals in Bruges (highly recommended) and I could understand almost everything the guide said in Dutch. I picked up a newspaper and managed to understand quite a lot, not every word, but I got the meaning.
I have made it to Assimil Dutch lesson 44, that's more than halfway through the book. I'm feeling very motivated to learn Dutch right now, but I have a terribly busy week ahead of me, so my progress will certainly slow down again.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5518 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 13 of 117
03 April 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged 
It's been over 8 months since I last wrote in this log. Work and other things got in the way and I haven't been able to do quite as much language learning as I would have liked during the last months and I haven't been able to do all I planned for 2009. Time is still lacking (it always is), but motivation is high again, so I hope to make some real progress in 2010.

My current number 1 priority is Italian. I am planning to sit the CELI 2 (B1) in June and the CELI 3 (B2) in November. I had already gone through the whole Assimil book a few years ago and I am now reviewing it completely. I am currently at lesson 70. I plan to focus entirely on Italian until the exam. Until then, I plan to finish the Assimil book, go through the book Come prepararsi all'esame del CELI 2, work through a grammar book and a vocabulary book, watch Italian TV as often as possible and read some books in Italian. I will also spend a few days in Italy (Bologna, Firenze and Pisa) in May.

I had planned to sit the Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal at level B1 in 2010, but it seems that it won't be offered this year where I live, so I will have to leave that for later. I am quite happy with the progress I made with Dutch in 2009, I got to lesson 66 in Assimil. I have put it aside for now to focus on Italian, but will continue with Dutch in the Summer and hopefully I will be able to register for an official exam next year.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5696 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 117
03 April 2010 at 9:53pm | IP Logged 
Iwwersetzerin wrote:
It's been over 8 months since I last wrote in this log. Work and other things got in the way and I haven't been able to do quite as much language learning as I would have liked during the last months and I haven't been able to do all I planned for 2009. Time is still lacking (it always is), but motivation is high again, so I hope to make some real progress in 2010.

My current number 1 priority is Italian. I am planning to sit the CELI 2 (B1) in June and the CELI 3 (B2) in November. I had already gone through the whole Assimil book a few years ago and I am now reviewing it completely. I am currently at lesson 70. I plan to focus entirely on Italian until the exam. Until then, I plan to finish the Assimil book, go through the book Come prepararsi all'esame del CELI 2, work through a grammar book and a vocabulary book, watch Italian TV as often as possible and read some books in Italian. I will also spend a few days in Italy (Bologna, Firenze and Pisa) in May.

I had planned to sit the Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal at level B1 in 2010, but it seems that it won't be offered this year where I live, so I will have to leave that for later. I am quite happy with the progress I made with Dutch in 2009, I got to lesson 66 in Assimil. I have put it aside for now to focus on Italian, but will continue with Dutch in the Summer and hopefully I will be able to register for an official exam next year.

Indrukwekkend jouw plannen! Ik ben eigenlijk ook een examensfreak, maar de Franse DELF- examens voor volwassenen worden bij mij in de buurt slechts één keer per jaar aangeboden en ik heb ook de financiele middelen niet meer. Veel succes met de examensvoorbereidingen! Fasulye

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5518 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 15 of 117
11 April 2010 at 6:24pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:

Indrukwekkend jouw plannen! Ik ben eigenlijk ook een examensfreak, maar de Franse DELF- examens voor volwassenen worden bij mij in de buurt slechts één keer per jaar aangeboden en ik heb ook de financiele middelen niet meer. Veel succes met de examensvoorbereidingen! Fasulye

Dank u wel!

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5518 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 16 of 117
11 April 2010 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
Progress made this week:
Assimil Italian: lesson 75
I started working through a French-Italian phrasebook called 'Guide pratique de conversation: italien" to learn some useful phrases and vocabulary. I am on page 40 so far.
I have also watched Italian TV various times this week and I have the impression that my listening comprehension is improving a bit, albeit slowly.

This discussion contains 117 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version