Joined 5789 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 41 of 117
15 June 2010 at 12:37pm | IP Logged 
Yes, I agree with you, because when you learn for an exam always all 4 languages skills - reading / listening (passive) and writing / speaking (active) - need to be practised and there are special exam preparation textbooks inclusive audio-material and you can order mock exams (= old official exams of previous years), this gives you a structure for your learning and a concrete goal to achieve plus a fixed deadline which prevents you from the loss of study discipline.

If I ever do other language exams in the future, I will do B1 - exams in my three Romance languages French, Spanish and Italian.

For English and Dutch I don't need any further certificates. Also for Esperanto I have enough.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 15 June 2010 at 12:50pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 42 of 117
21 June 2010 at 5:23pm | IP Logged 
Today was the big day: I sat the Università per Stranieri di Perugia's Certificato di conoscenza della lingua Italiana CELI 2 at level B1 this morning. And it went great!! Actually better than I had excepted, even in the oral exam. I managed not to mix any Spanish into it and I even received compliments from the teachers who were quite surprised to hear that I had never taken any Italian course and learned all by myself.
The written part wasn't too difficult, I'm sure I got some grammar wrong, but all in all, I'm really pleased and 95% sure that I passed. The results won't be out until September, but I'll keep you posted. I'm really motivated now to continue and I'll definitely try level B2 in November.
I won't be updating this log in the next few weeks, as I'll be on holidays, but after that, I'll continue with the second Assimil Perfectionnement for Italian and I'll continue with Dutch ass well.
1 person has voted this message useful

noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5282 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*, Japanese, FrenchC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, SpanishB2, DutchB1
Studies: TurkishA1, Korean

Message 43 of 117
21 June 2010 at 6:18pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations!!! :)

At least, you did prove that one can sit for a language exam (at least B1 level) by going through Assimil courses! :) I remember coming across an Italian word "merenda" in the reading comprehension part, which I didn't understand that time...but interestingly, I later discovered (I bought a set of Assimil Italian much later) that word "merenda" in the Assimil course...

By the way, did you find that the listening part of the CELI 2 exam was rather difficult, in the sense that, one doesn't really have much time to shade the ovals in the MCQ sheet after the tested conversation/dialogue of a question was done?

I also find that the oral section of the exam was rather smooth...I remember that, during the exam, the jury kept saying "bravo, bravo"...and even asked me to join their classes, since I told them that I was studying Italian by myself.

Anyway good luck for your B2 preparation for this November 2010!!!

Iwwersetzerin wrote:
Today was the big day: I sat the Università per Stranieri di Perugia's Certificato di conoscenza della lingua Italiana CELI 2 at level B1 this morning. And it went great!! Actually better than I had excepted, even in the oral exam. I managed not to mix any Spanish into it and I even received compliments from the teachers who were quite surprised to hear that I had never taken any Italian course and learned all by myself.
The written part wasn't too difficult, I'm sure I got some grammar wrong, but all in all, I'm really pleased and 95% sure that I passed. The results won't be out until September, but I'll keep you posted. I'm really motivated now to continue and I'll definitely try level B2 in November.
I won't be updating this log in the next few weeks, as I'll be on holidays, but after that, I'll continue with the second Assimil Perfectionnement for Italian and I'll continue with Dutch ass well.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1

Message 44 of 117
21 June 2010 at 7:12pm | IP Logged 
noriyuki_nomura wrote:

By the way, did you find that the listening part of the CELI 2 exam was rather difficult, in the sense that, one doesn't really have much time to shade the ovals in the MCQ sheet after the tested conversation/dialogue of a question was done?

Yes, I agree, they really should give a few extra minutes to copy the answers to the answer sheet, you have to fill it in really fast and don't get much time to think the answers over.

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6645 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 45 of 117
22 June 2010 at 12:10pm | IP Logged 
Iwwersetzerin wrote:
..I even received compliments from the teachers who were quite surprised to hear that I had never taken any Italian course and learned all by myself..

Then the teachers have also learnt something, namely that selfstudy can be quite efficient

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5289 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 47 of 117
22 June 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged 
Complimenti Iwwersetzerin! Sono felicissima per te!
Buone vacanze per i prossimi giorni, e poi buon lavoro per quando rientrerai e comincerai a preparare il nuovo livello.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5611 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 48 of 117
18 July 2010 at 11:44am | IP Logged 
I'm back from my holidays and back at studying Italian.
So far I'm up to lesson 4 of the Assimil Perfectionnement and started reading a few pages of a book of short stories about travel called Partire.

Goals for the rest of the year:

Italian:
- finish Assimil Perfectionnement
- read at least 5 books in Italian
- pass the CELI B2 in November

Dutch:
- finish Assmil and Assimil Perfectionnement
- read grammar and vocabulary books
- I'll spend a few weeks in the Netherlands in October-November, so I want to practice speaking and read books and magazines in Dutch

This discussion contains 117 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version