Pentaglot
England
Joined 5029 days ago

241 posts - 430 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Catalan, Luxembourgish

Message 113 of 117
28 November 2013 at 1:56am | IP Logged 
Written Luxembourgish I can understand pretty well, having lived there some years ago :) But I can hardly speak 5 words of it.

No, it's 0.5 for Russian and 0 for Indonesian. Maybe this time next year I will be able to read the Russian!
1 person has voted this message useful

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5509 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 114 of 117
05 January 2014 at 4:10pm | IP Logged 
Happy new year everyone!
Time to review 2013 and fix objectives for 2014.
As always, things didn't go quite according to plan in 2013, but I'm nevertheless happy with what I accomplished on the language learning front.

Highlights of 2013:
- Passed the German Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Grosses Deutsches Sprachdiplom
- Started Portuguese
- Revived Russian and passed exams at Dalarna University
- Sat the Italian CELI 4 exam (results not in yet)

Plans for 2014:
I'll take it slow in 2014, because my current priority is my masters degree in international and European law that will take up most of my free time (I also work full-time).
My priorities will be Italian and Russian. If I failed the CELI 4 exam, I'll take it again in 2014. I have Russian exams next week, but I won't sign up for next semester's courses for lack of time and conflicting schedules. I'll try to work as much as possible on Russian by myself.
If there's still time to do some Dutch, Portuguese and Indonesian, that would be great, but I'm not counting on it.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5687 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 115 of 117
05 January 2014 at 5:29pm | IP Logged 
Hallo Christine,

herzlichen Glückwunsche zum bestandenen "Großen Sprachdiplom"! Für Luxemburger, die in Luxemburg wohnen, ist es ja nicht ganz so schwierig, sich mit Deutsch zu profilieren. In deinem Beruf macht es sich gut, wenn die Sprachkenntisse auch vor einer Prüfungskomission nachgewiesen worden sind. Ich wünsche dir, dass du auch die Italienischprüfung bestehen wirst, aber solche Prüfungskorrekturen dauern immer relativ lange. Die Spannung steigt natürlich dann.

Es wäre schön, wenn wir uns im Juni in Berlin kennenlernen können, aber ich glaube an meine Teilnahme an der Konferenz erst wirklich, wenn die Finanzierung gesichert ist.

Alles Gute,

Fasulye

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5509 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 
Speaks: French*, Luxembourgish*, GermanC2, EnglishC2, SpanishC2, DutchC1, ItalianC1

Message 116 of 117
05 January 2014 at 5:34pm | IP Logged 
Danke Fasulye!
Ich bin auch noch nicht 100% sicher, ob ich im Juni nach Berlin kommen kann. Ich hoffe, es klappt! Es würde mich sehr freuen, dich persönlich kennenzulernen.

Iwwersetzerin
Bilingual Heptaglot
Luxembourg
Joined 5509 days ago

259 posts - 513 votes 

Message 117 of 117
21 April 2014 at 6:53pm | IP Logged 
I finally received the results of the CELI 4 Italian exam: I passed!!!
My overall result is 155/200 which is a grade B (buono):
Comprensione della lettura: 40/40 (no surprise here, I'm a total bookworm and reading comprehension is definitely my strongest ability not only in Italian, but in all of my languages)
Produzione di testi scritti: 38/50 (my grammar still needs improvement)
Competenza linguistica: 10/20 (that part was really hard, I felt that my vocabulary and idiomatic expressions were very lacking to tackle that one)
Comprensione dell'ascolto: 22/30 (considering that I had a really hard time with one of the three parts, that's a great result)
Prova orale: 45/60 (much better then I thought!)
So the results are actually much better than I thought they would be, which is a great confidence booster. I'm still nowhere near being fluent in Italian, but that's ok, I'm pretty happy with the level I have achieved and I will definitely not attempt the CELI 5 (C2 level) anytime soon. I'll continue reading Italian literature and watch some Italian TV for now without worrying about another exam. In the future, I would really like to spend an extended period of time in Italy to get more speaking practice and really soak up the language.

This discussion contains 117 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version