Message 33 of 39
27 January 2014 at 11:30pm | IP Logged 
s0fist wrote:
BaronBill wrote:

¿Como se llama el pez más negativo?
El Pesimista!

Made me smile. :)

Feel better!

Thanks s0fist! I'm feeling much better and working hard to catch up to where I was expecting to be at this point.
1 person has voted this message useful

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
HowToLanguages.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4529 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, German
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Persian

Message 34 of 39
27 January 2014 at 11:55pm | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
Y ¿cómo se llama un pedo grande? ¡Un pedazo!

Y eso ¿qué quiere decir? Pues que la próxima vez que te pregunten si quieres comer un pedazo, puedes contestar amablemente que no. Y si tienes pareja, puedes halagarla diciendo que es el pedazo más grande de tu vida ;)

¡Muy gracioso! ¡Esto pedazo huele raro!

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
Joined 4529 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 

Message 35 of 39
04 February 2014 at 7:06pm | IP Logged 
Hola Todos! It has been a busy couple of weeks in Spanish (among other languages) for me. I've ordered the following books from Amazon and they should be here tomorrow:

1. La Noche De Las Ninjas / Night Of The Ninjas (La Casa Del Arbol / Magic Tree House) (Spanish Edition)
2. Charlie y la fabrica de chocolate (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) (Alfaguara) (Spanish Edition)
3. Ramona empieza el curso
4. Despereaux (Spanish Edition)
5. Ramona la chinche

I'm looking forwrad to jumping in and reading these books as well as mining them for fun sentences. I've read them all in English, French and German, so I know them pretty well.

I've also been using the SaySomethingInSpanish.com podcasts and I love them. They are like Michel Thomas on speed. I am really enjoying them. They are a bit below my level, but the reinforcement of such basic patterns and vocab is very helpful.

¡Gracias por leer!

Edited by BaronBill on 06 February 2014 at 4:43am

2 persons have voted this message useful

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
Joined 4529 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 

Message 36 of 39
18 February 2014 at 12:02am | IP Logged 
Brief update:

Hola Amigos! I've been reading Ramona La Chinche and I'm loving it. It's taking some time, but I'm getting some great sentences out of the book and really enjoying myself.

Other than that, not much going on in Spanish at the moment.

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
Joined 4529 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 

Message 37 of 39
08 March 2014 at 2:34am | IP Logged 
Spanish update:

The last few weeks have been very difficult to maintain any consistency in Spanish. I spent last week in the hospital with a lung infection and have just been recovering at home this week.

I am still reading away and doing ANKI sentences everyday (ALMOST every day anyway). I'm having a little trouble staying motivated with Spanish, but I'm going to keep on pushing one step at a time. I won't push too hard, burn-out sucks.

Ok, and since I know you've all been dying for another joke:

En el restaurante:
Cliente: Mesero, ¿el pescado viene solo?
Mesero: No, lo llevo.

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
Joined 4529 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 

Message 38 of 39
19 March 2014 at 10:49pm | IP Logged 
Update:

I've been out of work on bed rest for the last month and have been dedicating about 8-10 hours a day to Chinese, so Spanish and German have only been getting about an hour or so each. I still read about a half hour a day and go through my Spanish ANKI deck every day.

I return to work next week, so Spanish, Chinese and German should each start getting equal time (about an hour a day each) and my Spanish should become more of a focus.

I am considering a few italki.com tutoring sessions for Spanish as they have been great for my Chinese, but for some reason I have not tried to set on up yet.

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
Joined 4529 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 

Message 39 of 39
20 May 2014 at 10:38pm | IP Logged 
Hola Amigos! So, I've been super slacking on Spanish these last few months, but I just found out that next year I will be going with my Dad to Ecuador for a few weeks on business and I'm supposed to be the translator. I guess this means I have a real reason to learn Spanish now, huh?

So, I've dived back into Assimil Spanish with Ease at 2 lessons per day. Moving ahead with my ANKI sentence deck. Also preparing to re-listen to Michel Thomas and Pimsleur. I'm also going to intensively read Harry Potter with the goal of being finished the first book by the end of June.

In 2 months, I feel like I can be ready to find an Ecuadorian tutor/conversation partner to work with.

It kind of feels good to get back into Spanish.

This discussion contains 39 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version