Joined 3692 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: English*, Estonian*
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 9 of 12
15 May 2014 at 2:44am | IP Logged 
Stelle wrote:
AlexKastani wrote:

I agree! Notes in Spanish is great! I really like listening to Marina speak. She has an
extremely pleasant accent. I'm going to be sad when I'm done listening to them haha :)
Fortunately the advanced NiS has almost 100 episodes! When you went through them, did
you get the actual notes/pdfs too?

No. I was committed to learning Spanish without spending any money (well, aside from novels, that is). I
think that
the PFDs could have been really useful, though. But it would have changed the way that I listened, since I
listened to
NIS in the car. Having the PDFs would have turned it into yet more desk work.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'm going to purchase them either. I've gone through beginner and
intermediate without the notes and haven't really missed much, so I can't imagine advanced will be too
different. It's really helping speed up my listening comprehension :)
1 person has voted this message useful

AlexKastani
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 3692 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 10 of 12
17 May 2014 at 2:46am | IP Logged 
Decided to move on to unit 22 in Platiquemos today. Felt really comfortable with everything in 21 except
for the grammar note about irregular verb roots that you add "uv" and "j" to.. but reading it over again
wasn't helping, so hopefully it'll be better explained somewhere in the future :)

AlexKastani
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 3692 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 11 of 12
19 May 2014 at 3:21am | IP Logged 
Still working on Unit 22.. Lots of good vocab and expressions in this one. Enjoying it quite a bit! :)
Starting to feel like I'm going to need more conversational stimulus soon! My wife is bilingual (English and
Spanish), but tends to prefer English, so it's hard to get as much practice at home as I'd like.. maybe
skype will become necessary soon!

AlexKastani
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 3692 days ago

22 posts - 24 votes

Message 12 of 12
21 May 2014 at 2:53am | IP Logged 
Well, I finished unit 22 tonight, which I am quite excited about. Nothing particularly hard about it.. it just
took me longer to get through for some unknown reason. Also, there were a few things that were
awkward to pronounce quickly.. for some reason the sentence "perdone que la llame tan temprano." is
really hard to say quickly today.. Anyway, I got a few new words for Anki and am now moving on to unit
23!

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version