Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Eric’s Mandarin Log (see post 1 for course list)

Tags: Mandarin
 Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
141 messages over 18 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 8 ... 17 18 Next >>

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6552 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 57 of 141
06 May 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged 
I have never heard about a Kitty Airport in Taiwan, but on the homepage of my travel club there is a report about a visit to a place outside Tokyo in Japan (Sanrio Puroland), where hartcore Kitty-lovers can revel in kittyology to their hearts' delight. Unfortunately the article is in Danish, but the pictures should give an impression of this strange environment.

PS: It appears that there is a "Kitty lounge" at the Taoyuan International Airport in Taiwan. How Kuikentje found out about that is beyond me..

Edited by Iversen on 06 May 2011 at 11:22am

1 person has voted this message useful

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6228 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 60 of 141
07 May 2011 at 3:18pm | IP Logged 
Kuikentje wrote:
newyorkeric wrote:
Yes, I went and had a very nice time.

I don't remember seeing the Hello Kitty airport. What is it?

It's good that you had a nice time.

You said before that you had some Kitty thigns for your son, and I've showed you my Hello Kitty mug and mirror, therefore I thought you would see the Hello Kitty airport, which is the ariport where all the things are with Kitty's face, colours and shapes.

No, I didn't see the Helly Kitty lounge. I actually bought my son some Miffy stuff when I was passing through the Amsterdam airport a couple of years ago. I think the connection to Hello Kitty was that the Miffy creator thought Hello Kitty was a ripoff of Miffy.

Edited by newyorkeric on 07 May 2011 at 3:18pm

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6228 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 62 of 141
24 May 2011 at 5:38am | IP Logged 
I'm up to lesson 85 in Assimil. So about three weeks left to finish the lessons and then some more time to revise. I don't do the active wave so I will move on to a new course once I understand more or less all the audio.

I've given up on Pimsleur for now. I like Pimsleur a lot, but I can't find 30 minutes in the day to dedicate to it. (My usual Pimsleur time is in bed at night, but we have a new addition to the family, and my caterwauling wakes her up!). I want to continue focusing on listening so it's not such a big deal but I feel a bit defeated not finishing it. Oh well, maybe I will come back to it in the future.

What I am doing in place of Pimsleur is listening to CLO podcasts. There are sequential, which I like, and there is no banter at all. It's quite well done so check it out if you are looking for a podcast that doesn't waste time. (Cantonesepod101 banter: Guy host: Hey, do you know Jackie Chan? Girl host: Yes, hehe. Me: Ugh.)

Edited by newyorkeric on 24 May 2011 at 9:31am

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6228 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 63 of 141
31 May 2011 at 1:53pm | IP Logged 
I'm through lesson 91 of Assimil. A couple of more weeks to go...

I've also gone through the first 21 lessons of CLO.

TRENDY
Diglot
Spain
Joined 5011 days ago

14 posts - 14 votes
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: Mandarin

Message 64 of 141
31 May 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged 
Keep it up newyorkeric,

i´m also taking the Chinese assimil course, i`ve finished last week (lesson 105) and now i`m back at the beggining for the review.

Edited by TRENDY on 31 May 2011 at 5:16pm

This discussion contains 141 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version