Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
buterak1
United States
Joined 3896 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Studies: Greek

Message 1 of 1
06 February 2014 at 3:42pm | IP Logged 
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the site, although I've been reading through a lot of the posts like crazy. A little bit of background information on myself. I'm from the US so English is my first language (basically my only language). Both of my grandparents on my dads side were from Greece so he grew up only speaking Greek. I was very young when my grandparents died so I never really learned any words from them, but what I did learn I still remember to this day. Unfortunately my dad never wanted to speak Greek with my sister and I so now I'm left to progress through it on my own. I've been learning it off and on for the past few years, a little progress here and there but nothing consistent. Well I just took an internship in a new part of the country for 6 months so I figured what better time to start than now. I've been going at it for about a month consistently. Unfortunately Greek is a dying language so there aren't many speakers where I live. Ill post some of my resources below.

Pimsleur: 30 lessons of Pimsleur, I'm on unit 15. I go through one a day, usually a few times. If I need to a lesson again, I do it a few days after.

FSI Greek: Gone through 4 lessons so far, I try and do about 1 a week.

Anki: I try and add whatever I'm learning in FSI or Pimsleur to my deck.

Let me know if anyone has any advice!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version