Dutch: 251/250 pages, 18/3 films
Japanese: 479.2/500 pages, 7.5/5 films
French 251/250 pages, 5/5 films
German: 202/200 pages, 3/3 films
Spanish: 50/50 pages, 2/2 films
English: 250/250 pages, 6/6 films

Overall: 1483.2/1500 pages, 41.5/25 films

Dutch

Met the reading goal fairly easily, and will up this a bit for next time.

Totally smashing the film goal. This is mainly because I've been having a really bad week and that often leads to Dutch TV (Keyzer & de Boer this time) or reading as it's a very comfortable language. I'll be upping the goal a bit, but won't aim for so much!

Japanese

Just shy on the reading goal as the bad week lead to less Japanese reading. I could have pushed this yesterday, but felt I didn't want to. I've sort of retreated into manga again, so will aim for more books this time.

Over the film goal - partly because I found a really good anime Silver Spoon. I've been watching a fair amount with subs (partly because they've been hardsubs) and so will aim to watch with fewer subs this month.

French

On target for both French goals. As I read French much faster than Japanese, I ended up being done with the reading fairly early, so will up the goal a bit to reflect that as I think it's useful to aim to read on a daily basis.

Mostly watching dubs, other than the film Persepolis which I would highly recommend - I had seen it before, but I think the dubbed version.

German

On target for German too. I think this is a reasonable target for now. I'm beginning to get better with production of German without Dutch interference, which has been a big issue as my comfort level in Dutch shot past my comfort level in German a while ago - I actually think it did it when my German was better than my Dutch, so not quite sure what that's about...

Spanish

On target with this. I think the strategy of watching to something in Spanish before reading worked. I want to try to get an audio book to listen whilst reading for a bit, but for the moment will up the reading goal a tiny bit.

English

Fine for the English goals. I finished these fairly early in the month, but think that's fine. I'm dropping the films goal a bit, but will keep reading the same - I'll finish the current non-fiction and then go back to fiction.

General

I mad most of the goals, other than the Japanese reading which I just missed, so am calling it a successful language month! I'm putting it down to Super Challenge motivation, so hoping it'll keep up.
1 person has voted this message useful

Tamise
Triglot
United Kingdom
jllrr.wordpress.com/
Joined 5053 days ago

115 posts - 161 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Dutch
Studies: French, Japanese, Spanish

Message 10 of 10
01 June 2014 at 12:42pm | IP Logged 
June Goals

Dutch: 290 pages and 10 films
Japanese: 500 pages and 6 films
French: 300 pages and 5 films
German: 200 pages and 3 films
Spanish: 60 pages and 2 films
English: 250 pages and 4 films

Total: 1600 pages and 30 films

Currently reading:

Dutch: Vermogen en Wijsheid (Robin Hobb) - 626 pages in [might finally finish this!]
Japanese: シュレミールと小さな潜水艦 (斉藤 洋) - 29 pages in
French: L'insomnie des étoiles (Marc Dugain) - starting now
        Le club des incorrigibles optimistes (Jean-Michel Guenassia) - 85 pages in
German: Tod eines Lehrers (Andreas Franz) - 202 pages in
Spanish: El sobrino del mago (C.S. Lewis) - 68 pages in
English: Introducing Linguistics: A Graphic Guide (R.L. Trask) - 23 pages in

General:

So, both goals upped a bit and films switched from English to Dutch.

For Tadoku, I'll be doing Japanese, French and Dutch and have put down the same goal there as here, but may end up doing more for Tadoku reasons. Pleased with my SC progress so far and the daily rates needed to complete the SC are still lower than my personal goals.

Edited by Tamise on 01 June 2014 at 12:42pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version