Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

CRUSH or be CRUSHED: TAC 2012 (Freutsch)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
26 messages over 4 pages: 1 2 3
Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5809 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 25 of 26
22 September 2012 at 7:53am | IP Logged 
I've decided to update this log with what i've done for the Super Challenge. Most of my movie-watching has been in Chinese, and i don't think it's helped me much. I feel like the Spanish movies are helping my listening a bit. It always amazes me how seamlessly native speakers can speak, one word/idea flowing into another.

Super challenge movies (i counted the TV series as half, since they're generally 45-50 minutes).

汉语 (Chinese):
Quote:
LOTCH1-42     ;射雕英雄传 (Legend of the Condor Hero)
HSADS1-40     ;倚天屠龙记 (Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber)
西游记1-13     ;Journey to the West
世界 (the world)
画笔 (mural)
東宫西宫 (east palace west palace)
颐和园 (summer palace)
Total: 51.5

Français:
Quote:
Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie
la bande à bonnot
Le fantome de la liberté
Total: 3

Castellano:
Quote:
Nueve Reinas
Salvador Puig Antic (castellano y catalán)
El Lobo (mayormente castellano)
Ya lo hiciste sin amar
Labios Rojos
Casas viejas: un documental
El cisne mudito
Un mundo maravilloso
¿Porqué perdimos la guerra civil?
España inmediata: Los anarquistas
Viva la Escuela Moderna: documental sobre Ferrer i Guardia
Buenaventura Durruti, anarquista, documental TVE2 (castellano y catalán con subtítulos en castellano)
Total: 12

Portugués:
Quote:
Carandiru (portugués, subtítulos en castellano)
Total: 1

Alemán:
Quote:
Momo (alemán)

Italiano:
Quote:
La Cecilia (italiano)

Grand Total: 69.5

And here are the books i've read since May.

Castellano:
Quote:
Platero y yo
La invención de Morel
Réquiem para un campesino español
Total: 3
I'm currently about 2/3rds of the way through "Nada" by Carmen Laforet. It's a pretty easy read and i'm really enjoying it, i just wish i had more time to read!
1 person has voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5809 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 26 of 26
18 December 2012 at 3:36pm | IP Logged 
Hmm... well what did i do this year? I finished FSI Chinese (yes, i even struggled through the last module) and that left me at a nice... upper beginner level. The vocabulary for a large portion of the course was either completely useless or outdated (lots of stuff on communes, committees, government agencies, etc.). Sometimes people think my Chinese is much better than it is because i know the most random technical words (for example, when someone was trying to explain their city to me i asked if it was a 经济特区: special economic zone). I spent a good portion of the year without internet and forgot a lot of characters and how to write pretty much all of them, but overall i think my Chinese is at least a little better than it was a year ago.

I also studied Russian pretty extensively for about 6 months, but in my frustration with Chinese decided to put it aside for later.

My French, German, and Spanish all suffered from neglect, apart from some short conversations (French/Spanish) and movies.

Here's to a better "next time"!
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version