44 messages over 6 pages: 1 2 35 6  Next >>
Topsy Turvey
United Kingdom
Joined 4698 days ago

18 posts - 18 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 25 of 44
23 December 2011 at 4:27pm | IP Logged 
I am another one who is going to vote for OHANA!
1 person has voted this message useful

petrklic
Triglot
Pro Member
Czech Republic
Joined 5030 days ago

95 posts - 109 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, English, Russian
Studies: Vietnamese
Personal Language Map

Message 26 of 44
23 December 2011 at 8:29pm | IP Logged 
I don't think I can really vote for anyone. I was watching the logs of members of Russian teams (ж, я), and all of them died out sooner or later. I think joanthemaid was the one who stayed the longest, and was very supportive even after she wasn't studying Russian anymore. Teango also chimed in every once in a while, despite being in another team. I'm very grateful for that, more so that I realize I'm rather reclusive myself, and not the best of team mates by any metric.

akprocks
United States
Joined 5230 days ago

178 posts - 258 votes 
Studies: German

Message 27 of 44
25 December 2011 at 2:54am | IP Logged 
I dropped out early on in March or so. Mainly I haven't been concentrating on languages as much this year because of lifestyle changes and spending my free time in other aspects of my life. However I am glad I did this, a lot of experiences have come my way that wouldn't have happened if I was holed up in my room.
Also, the summer of 2012 I have plans to go to Iceland so I guess Icelandic will have to be a priority on my many hobbies, I'll have to drop all of the other ones so I can really concentrate. Anybody want to make a TAC 2012 Icelandic?

Edited by akprocks on 25 December 2011 at 4:21am

sofiapofia
Pentaglot
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 4885 days ago

88 posts - 103 votes 
Speaks: Swedish, Hindi, Portuguese, English*, Marathi
Studies: German, Danish, Sanskrit, Icelandic

Message 28 of 44
26 December 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged 
akprocks wrote:
   I dropped out early on in March or so. Mainly I haven't been
concentrating on languages as much this year because of lifestyle changes and spending my
free time in other aspects of my life. However I am glad I did this, a lot of experiences
have come my way that wouldn't have happened if I was holed up in my room.
Also, the summer of 2012 I have plans to go to Iceland so I guess Icelandic will have
to be a priority on my many hobbies, I'll have to drop all of the other ones so I can
really concentrate. Anybody want to make a TAC 2012 Icelandic?

I'll be studying Icelandic this year so yeah I would like be part of a TAC group.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5791 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 29 of 44
26 December 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged 
You may announce yourselves for the TAC 2012 in the other thread, this thread is reserved for the voting and evalutation of the TAC 2011.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 26 December 2011 at 8:48am

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5637 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 30 of 44
26 December 2011 at 9:48pm | IP Logged 
This is a hard choice... teams KEN and Ő were really inspiring to me, but I guess my vote goes to Ohana as well!

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5153 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 31 of 44
27 December 2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged 
Is anyone eligible to vote? If I could, I'd like to cast my vote for individual challenge member TixhiiDon and his
"Small Expectations" log. His enthusiasm for the Georgian language (and culture) came through so clearly that,
even though I have no intention of studying Georgian, I went back and read the rest of the thread from last year
too.

And - of the Individual Challenge participants still in the running - an honourable mention to individual
challenge member Mick33, author of "Mick's Continuous TAC Multilingual Bliss", and sufferer from language-
wanderlust. (His post in which he decided "nine languages is too many to study at the same time," made me
laugh. )   

I'd like to add that I also followed, enjoyed, and was inspired by a number of other logs from various TAC team
members, but as I haven't read many of the eligible team logs, I won't be voting for any teams.

Edited by songlines on 29 December 2011 at 8:00am

2 persons have voted this message useful

aloysius
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6184 days ago

226 posts - 291 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, German
Studies: French, Greek, Italian, Russian

Message 32 of 44
28 December 2011 at 1:34pm | IP Logged 
I know I'm a bit biased, being former and future team mate of Teango and M.Medialis, but
my vote still goes to Team KEN, since they showed great team spirit and all of them
(including Adrean and the artist formerly known as Buttons) wrote really interesting
logs.

But I did appreciate a lot of other logs as well, like those of ellasevia, Solfrid, garyb
and Jinx to mention just a few. Well done all of you!

/aloysius

This discussion contains 44 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version