United States
Joined 5813 days ago

391 posts - 489 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Japanese, Korean, French

Message 33 of 34
09 May 2009 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
Update

Have slacked off a bit, but still making sure to try to get at least a Pimsleur lesson in. I am up to Unit 7 of Pimsluer (so I've listened to 5 Units since the last update). I have not moved on with Michel Thomas. I have to make sure to get back to that.

I've also started reading Der Kleine Prinz (The Little Prince). I also have the English version so I use it like a dual-language book. I compare the grammar of the sentences, word usage, etc. What I do is read the same several pages over and over again. That way not only do I see words used in context, I also get the repetition. So far I've done this twice with the first 8 pages. I'll do it 2 or 3 more times, and then any words I am still having trouble with, I'll start using a vocab program to drill them.

It takes about an hour to get through those 8 pages since I am reading it out loud, but also I am studying and repeating the sentences. I usually read each sentence at least twice, and work out what it means in English. Unless I just instantly understand the sentence and move on, which happened a bit more often the second time I read it.
1 person has voted this message useful

sabotai
United States
Joined 5813 days ago

391 posts - 489 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Japanese, Korean, French

Message 34 of 34
11 May 2009 at 5:01am | IP Logged 
May 10, 2009
1) Pimsleur German III - Unit 7 (30 minutes)
2) Michel Thomas Vocab Builder - Disc I - Tracks 4-6 (30 minutes)
Total Time: 1 hour
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 34 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version