5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 49 of 52
26 February 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged 
Hakan D wrote:
Just to give some support for the team ש it's been rather busy still after I moved back to Turkey and got some flu, that's why couldn't study much however I did some maintenance stuff with Hebrew and Hungarian. I hope I'll be able to be more active very shortly.

Geçmiş olsun ve başarılar dilerim!

Fasulye
1 person has voted this message useful

Meelämmchen
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5027 days ago

214 posts - 249 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Modern Hebrew

Message 50 of 52
27 February 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged 
I hope it is or wasn't too severe. I'm looking forward for you coming back!

Hakan D
Tetraglot
Groupie
Turkey
Joined 5045 days ago

45 posts - 77 votes 
Speaks: Turkish*, Icelandic, English, German
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Swedish, Hungarian, Mongolian, Modern Hebrew, Russian

Message 51 of 52
31 March 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged 
Fasulye and Meelämmchen thank you for the good wishes! :)

Not much of Hebrew studying yet but I'll be on the track again soon.

Nevertheless the last 3 weeks I've been studying a lot of Bulgarian since I'm going to Sofia this Saturday. I've studied the Teach yourself Bulgarian book and found it rather useful.

This time I used the sentence learning approach that I've explained thoroughly on one of the posts here much more effectively and extensively so I'm hoping to be able to speak Bulgarian as soon as I land there :) In total I've been studying around 50-55 hours. 30 hours of which went into grammar learning and exercises the rest for sentence memorizing.

I know Bulgarian isn't one of the 10 languages that I've mentioned so far but I couldn't resist it.

I hope to find also a Bulgarian as a foreign language test to evaluate my knowledge in the language while I'm in Bulgaria.

дочуване!

Hakan D
Tetraglot
Groupie
Turkey
Joined 5045 days ago

45 posts - 77 votes 
Speaks: Turkish*, Icelandic, English, German
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Swedish, Hungarian, Mongolian, Modern Hebrew, Russian

Message 52 of 52
10 April 2011 at 1:03am | IP Logged 
The past week in Sofia was very fruitful, I found the Bulgarians very helpful to help learning their language in anyway they can (and in general probably they're the most helpful and hospitable people I've ever come across!! :) ) From the time I've lent to the Sofia airport to the day I left I've spoken in Bulgarian almost all the time, though my listening skills have improved it's still lacking. At times it could be really hard to follow even the easiest sentences when the locals spoke in light speed. Nevertheless I'll be doing some more listening on online radios.

Again I tried to study around 2 hours daily so that makes around 70 hours of studying, for Bulgarian. Although Bulgarian was an unexpected language for me I think I'll have to sacrifice one of the previously mentioned languages in the list. I believe I covered all the most crucial grammar points and acquired around 2500-3000 words.

Unfortunately Bulgarian for foreigners exam was just the week before I arrived to Sofia so maybe next time.

I cannot set a goal for Bulgarian really but thus far I can say I've reached an intermediate level of speaking and considerably better level in reading and writing. I should also be doing some writings here in case there are some fellow Bulgarian language learners.

I'll probably try to study around half an hour each day or every other day for the next year and see where I come in 200 hours of total study hours.

As for Hebrew I started with a quick review of the "Hebrew in Three Months" book for half an hour today. It's interesting how quick I forgot so many things. Nevertheless I'll need to make also some effort on my Hebrew as I'm in Team ש :)

This discussion contains 52 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version