Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
297 messages over 38 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 ... 37 38 Next >>
ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6087 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 113 of 297
21 December 2010 at 9:26pm | IP Logged 
Jaynie wrote:
I'm new to the TAC Challenge. I will be studying Danish with the Scandinavian Team Å, and I will also be working on Spanish.

Do I understand it correctly?

I start an individual log. I name it something like "Jaynie TAC 2011 Team Å."

In my log, I post my goals, progress, etc.
I visit and comment on other logs that belong to Team Å members.

While my main priority for 2011 is to work on Danish, but I would also post about my Spanish studies in my log.

Anything else?!

It's exactly that. You've understood perfectly. Held og lykke!
1 person has voted this message useful

LauraM
Pro Member
United States
Joined 5297 days ago

77 posts - 97 votes 
Studies: German
Personal Language Map

Message 114 of 297
22 December 2010 at 12:28am | IP Logged 
Jaynie wrote:
I'm new to the TAC Challenge. I will be studying Danish with the Scandinavian Team Å, and I will
also be working on Spanish.

Do I understand it correctly?

I start an individual log. I name it something like "Jaynie TAC 2011 Team Å."

In my log, I post my goals, progress, etc.
I visit and comment on other logs that belong to Team Å members.

While my main priority for 2011 is to work on Danish, but I would also post about my Spanish studies in my log.

Anything else?!

Seriously, Jaynie, I have to admit I was TOTALLY clueless about how this whole thing was constructed until you
wrote this. THANK YOU!!!!
Feeling rather stupid, I was going to hang back and "watch" so that I could possibly participate in the next
year's...but now that I "get it" *duuuhhh*

Here goes....

Laura Marks
German (possibly B1, not sure)
Spanish will be getting back to in a year

So I would like to do an individual log for German...

Is that okay? Did I say that right?

kraemder
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5129 days ago

1497 posts - 1648 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish, Japanese

Message 115 of 297
22 December 2010 at 3:34am | IP Logged 
I'd like to participate. I plan to focus on Spanish. I guestimate it to be A1/B1 level
now and I'd like to get it to C1 by the end of the year. As a 2ndary language I might
brush up on my German which I guess to be a B1 but I'm not sure how rusty it is. The
German I wouldn't have any specific goals as the focus really is the Spanish.

Przemek
Hexaglot
Poland
multigato.blogspot.c
Joined 6420 days ago

107 posts - 174 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, SpanishC2, Italian, Portuguese, French
Studies: Turkish, Hindi, Arabic (Written)

Message 116 of 297
22 December 2010 at 10:49am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Przemek wrote:
I hope it is not too late to change my mind. I am assigned to the Turkish team only and I want to fokus on more languages, the most important being Italian and Swahili for the time being. So I would like to change to Individual TAC. Sorry for deciding this so late.
My languages:
Swahili, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi
And one more not listed before: Arabic (especially Egyptian) instead of Swedish

Przemek, I'm also studying Swahili and would be glad to create a Swahili Team for you and me. I had chosen to place you on the Turkish Team because otherwise Sierra would not have a teammate. What do you think?

EDIT: I've also just noticed that there is still room on the Italian Team too. Would you like to be moved there?

It's always better to be in a team. So if it's not to late, I would be more than happy to join Swahili & Turkish teams. And if it's possible Italian too. The languages I can study without being in a team, right? Yet today I will try to list the materials I have and would like to focus on for you to consider.

Przemek
Hexaglot
Poland
multigato.blogspot.c
Joined 6420 days ago

107 posts - 174 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, SpanishC2, Italian, Portuguese, French
Studies: Turkish, Hindi, Arabic (Written)

Message 117 of 297
22 December 2010 at 10:50am | IP Logged 
Przemek wrote:
ellasevia wrote:
Przemek wrote:
I hope it is not too late to change my mind. I am assigned to the Turkish team only and I want to fokus on more languages, the most important being Italian and Swahili for the time being. So I would like to change to Individual TAC. Sorry for deciding this so late.
My languages:
Swahili, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi
And one more not listed before: Arabic (especially Egyptian) instead of Swedish

Przemek, I'm also studying Swahili and would be glad to create a Swahili Team for you and me. I had chosen to place you on the Turkish Team because otherwise Sierra would not have a teammate. What do you think?

EDIT: I've also just noticed that there is still room on the Italian Team too. Would you like to be moved there?

It's always better to be in a team. So if it's not to late, I would be more than happy to join Swahili & Turkish teams. And if it's possible Italian too. The other languages I can study without being in a team, right? Yet today I will try to list the materials I have and would like to focus on - for you to consider.

john234
United States
Joined 6322 days ago

15 posts - 15 votes
Studies: Spanish

Message 118 of 297
22 December 2010 at 2:06pm | IP Logged 
I would like to participate in the TAC 2011 individual challenge. Spanish is my primary language.

Jaynie
Denmark
Joined 5855 days ago

51 posts - 62 votes 
Studies: Danish, Latin

Message 119 of 297
22 December 2010 at 2:56pm | IP Logged 
Laura M: I'm glad that my post was helpful!

Now if only I would have noticed my grammar in this sentence: "While my main priority for 2011 is to work on Danish, but I would also post about my Spanish studies in my log." English learners, take note that I made a mistake. I should have used either the "while" or the "but." Not both. "While my main priority for 2011 is to work on Danish, I would also post about my Spanish studies in my log." "My main priority for 2011 is to work on Danish, but I would also post about my Spanish studies in my log." As a stand-alone sentence, the conditional "would" is OK to use, but my previous sentences were not conditional. I changed tenses within the paragraph. Oops! All of the previous sentences were simple present. Better: "My main priority is Danish, but I also post about my Spanish studies in my log." In hindsight, it might have been better to have the whole paragraph in future tense. But that is a style issue, not a grammar issue!

Edited by Jaynie on 22 December 2010 at 3:02pm

petrklic
Triglot
Pro Member
Czech Republic
Joined 5031 days ago

95 posts - 109 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, English, Russian
Studies: Vietnamese
Personal Language Map

Message 120 of 297
22 December 2010 at 3:54pm | IP Logged 
Hi! I'd like to join the Russian team (ж), if it's not too late. I place myself somewhere around B2 (perhaps just B1 and a bit), and will work on improving in the next year. By the end of 2011, I'd like to be C1-ish.

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version