1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 121 of 297
22 December 2010 at 4:29pm | IP Logged 
thephantomgoat wrote:
From what I understand, the requirement for Team TAC 2010 was to
keep an individual log updated in these forums and to read your teammates' logs,
checking in with them occasionally. Some suggested keeping a group log, but there was a
potential for spending too much time logging/on these forums talking about languages
instead of actually learning them. Last year teams were made up of three to four
people, most of them unified by a shared language but having spent varying amounts of
time on this forum (i.e. older members were intentionally grouped with younger ones).

Some people did chat amongst themselves on their logs, practicing or providing
suggestions or encouragement, but that function is also available to non-team members.

If you're not interested in being on a team, you're welcome to do TAC 2011 with an
individual log (like some of the other forum members did this past year), taking down
all your obstacles with aplomb and enthusiasm.

People who form a team together keep their own logs and inform in the title of their logs to which team they belong. I find it helpful, if people have common study languages so that I can also get some inspiration for my own studies. Last year this wasn't possible for me, because Turkish or Danish are seldom studied. This time I am a bit luckier.

Fasulye
1 person has voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5326 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 122 of 297
22 December 2010 at 4:37pm | IP Logged 
What if you already had a log?

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5594 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 123 of 297
22 December 2010 at 4:58pm | IP Logged 
Just edit the title of the log. That's all I did for the beginning of this year.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5792 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 124 of 297
22 December 2010 at 7:09pm | IP Logged 
Arekkusu wrote:
What if you already had a log?

To change the name of your log you need to edit your first post. For example that's what I did with my own log.

Fasulye
2 persons have voted this message useful

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6087 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 125 of 297
22 December 2010 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
It's great to see all these logs starting to appear, but I'd just like to remind everyone that as we're still getting more people signing up, the teams are not yet set in stone and it's quite possible that your team assignment will change again before December 27th--I already know of two people who have been reassigned after they started their logs. If you signed up as studying only one language for 2011 (for example, Sierra is studying only Turkish) you needn't worry as you are guaranteed to be on that team. However, if you are studying multiple languages (myself for example) you should keep checking this page to make sure that nothing has changed. If I know you've started a log already and you are reassigned, I'll send you a PM to inform you, but you should always check just in case I forget to inform you. If you find that you have been reassigned, all you have to do is edit your first post so that you can change the title of your log. If you object to your new placement, just PM me and I'll try to find a solution.

tennisace
United States
Joined 5559 days ago

39 posts - 43 votes
Studies: Spanish, Croatian, French

Message 126 of 297
22 December 2010 at 8:38pm | IP Logged 
I think I'm going to take the plunge and join TAC 2011. My main focus will be Spanish, as it is my favorite, but I also want to add another language or two. So I think I'm going to study French and German as well. I don't really know what my level is in Spanish but I'm a beginner in French and German.

Élan
United States
Joined 5389 days ago

165 posts - 211 votes 
Studies: Persian

Message 127 of 297
22 December 2010 at 9:25pm | IP Logged 
If anyone wants to do a Persian team I would love to participate. It is the only language I am studying, though.

Luai_lashire
Diglot
United States
luai-lashire.deviant
Joined 5773 days ago

384 posts - 560 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto
Studies: Japanese, French

Message 128 of 297
22 December 2010 at 10:42pm | IP Logged 
Would it be bad form for someone who already has a log from last year to start a new one for this year? I feel like it
would help me to have a feeling of starting afresh, and also I just don't like threads that stretch on and on for many
pages, so I would prefer to have a new one. But if that is frowned upon I will just use my old one.

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version