Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5255 days ago

84 posts - 100 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto

Message 137 of 297
23 December 2010 at 8:49pm | IP Logged 
I've just had the idea that it might be a good idea to link to individual logs from the information page. In other words, for each member of each team listed in the pinned topic, their name would act as a link to their log. This would be highly useful in finding people learning languages that you're interested in, or other people in your team, whose logs might otherwise quickly become buried in a busy section of the forum.
2 persons have voted this message useful

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6087 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 138 of 297
23 December 2010 at 9:49pm | IP Logged 
LittleBoy wrote:
I've just had the idea that it might be a good idea to link to individual logs from the information page. In other words, for each member of each team listed in the pinned topic, their name would act as a link to their log. This would be highly useful in finding people learning languages that you're interested in, or other people in your team, whose logs might otherwise quickly become buried in a busy section of the forum.

Wonderful idea!
1 person has voted this message useful

Élan
United States
Joined 5389 days ago

165 posts - 211 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Persian

Message 139 of 297
23 December 2010 at 10:56pm | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Élan wrote:
If anyone wants to do a Persian team I would love to participate. It is the only language I am studying, though.

Yay, another person studying فارسى! We can resurrect the Persian Team (Team چ) if you like, but I'd have to make sure I'm not already tied down to a Swahili Team or the like. Does that sound alright? Otherwise you can enter as an individual participant.

Thanks! I don't think I will do an individual one, but I wanted to post in hopes of more Persian learners coming out of the woodwork. I think the motivation of a team would be really helpful. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. :)

TixhiiDon
Tetraglot
Japan
Joined 5409 days ago

772 posts - 1474 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese, German, Russian
Studies: Georgian

Message 140 of 297
23 December 2010 at 11:30pm | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
TixhiiDon, since it's unlikely that many more people are going to
sign up for Georgian, I can group you with ruskivyetr in the Polish Team if you'd like
since you both share Polish (and Georgian). I know Georgian is your focus language, but
this way we can get you onto a team at least. :) Or, you could join as an individual
participant. What do you think?

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Georgian (but don't tempt me!). In 2011 I'm
attempting to finish up some prior linguistic commitments before moving on to devour
more foreign delicacies such as Georgian later on. (However, don't you think it's a
little mischievous of you trying to lure innocent people to ქართული with not-so-
honest statements like "it's really easy" and "the verbs are completely straightforward
and regular"? :P)

Thanks for trying to squeeze me in, but I think I'll just stick with my old log for now
as I'm not really studying Polish at all (I just added it to my list of currently
studied languages in a fit of over-enthusiasm). Looking forward to you and ruski
getting on board with Georgian though!

Vasilis
Tetraglot
Greece
Joined 5031 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: Greek*, EnglishB2, FrenchB2, Dutch
Studies: ItalianA1, Turkish, Esperanto, Icelandic

Message 141 of 297
24 December 2010 at 12:17am | IP Logged 
I am not sure I got the whole idea behind TAC2011 correctly, but anyway, my new year's resolution is to seriously start studying Icelandic, so i would be more than glad to join any group with icelandic learners.

thephantomgoat
Groupie
United States
Joined 5416 days ago

52 posts - 103 votes 

Message 143 of 297
24 December 2010 at 3:20am | IP Logged 
Like Kuikentje, I'd also like to microtag my log, but I can't figure out how to do it
(wait for a mod?). I'm working on Spanish, German, Mandarin, Polish, and (later) Turkish
this year, and I'd love for all of them to appear under my log's title.

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5638 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 144 of 297
24 December 2010 at 4:01am | IP Logged 
I am *awfully* late to this party, but I'm enthusiastic about TAC 2011 and definitely want to sign up!

I won't be doing anything exciting and new (at least, I think not...), but just continuing to work on my focus
languages, German and French. German is still my number-one priority with French close after it, and I'll
probably be spending 80% of my time and energy on those two.

German: currently C1, planning to keep working towards that elusive C2.
French: currently B1 (I think), planning to hit B2 if possible.

For the remaining 20% of the time I'll probably be casually continuing Italian, Mandarin, Esperanto, and possibly
Toki Pona. But these languages are really secondary for the first two.

I understand that the German and French teams are rather large by this point, so it's no problem if it's too
difficult to fit me into one or the other (ideally German). If that's not possible, I'll be perfectly happy to do the
TAC individually again, like I did this year.

Looking forward to it!

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version