59 posts - 63 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, Belarusian*, EnglishB2
Studies: Spanish

Message 217 of 297
08 February 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged 
Thanks ellasevia!
ellasevia wrote:
Alexander.Stoma, you're now placed on Team Ж along with Solfrid
Cristin, nogoodnik, geordie, and snovymgodom. Originally the teams were made by grouping
people together who are learning the same language(s), but since Solfrid Cristin has
already invited you to her team I've made an exception. Don't forget to create your own
log though.

1 person has voted this message useful

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5415 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, German

Message 218 of 297
08 February 2011 at 11:46am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
ReneeMona wrote:
ellasevia wrote:
EDIT: This reminds me... I think I shall make an updated list of everyone who's still in every few months, since many people seem to have been dropping out and some have not started their logs at all yet (the Icelandic Team Þ, for example).

Good idea. How long does a log have to be abandoned before the writer is thrown out of the competition?

I was thinking that there should be at least one post in the past month detailing any progress (unless there are extenuating circumstances). But I would only make a check-up list once every three months or so, although from time to time I do drop into some inactive logs to "wake up" its owner. The person wouldn't be thrown out of the competition of course, just no longer considered part of it until they come back. I believe Buttons did something similar last year, and if she mistakenly listed someone as disappeared but they were still there they could just correct her. See here for example.

That seems fair, as it would prevent them from bombing the entire team (for those who are interested in the competition), but still not exclude them completely.

fortheo
United States
Joined 4981 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 
Studies: French

Message 219 of 297
12 February 2011 at 2:55am | IP Logged 
Is there any chance to still get in this ? I just started a log about my quest to learn japanese.

Magdalene
Diglot
United States
Joined 4981 days ago

119 posts - 220 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, German, Modern Hebrew, French

Message 220 of 297
12 February 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged 
I'd like to (re)join TAC '11. This is Magdalene, formerly thephantomgoat. I can't
remember or find my password for the life of me (which is part of the reason I haven't
posted on the forum in over a month; the other reason: school occupying much of my time),
so I created a new account. I'm still interested in being a part of Team Ł for the
challenge, but I'm willing to do the individual TAC as well if that's no longer an
option.

I'll start my new log later tonight. So excited to get back into this!

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6087 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 221 of 297
12 February 2011 at 8:28am | IP Logged 
fortheo wrote:
Is there any chance to still get in this ? I just started a log about my quest to learn japanese.

There's a Japanese Team going, but it has five people already. However, since most of its members have either disappeared or updated very infrequently, I suppose I could add you to Team あ if you like.

Magdalene wrote:
I'd like to (re)join TAC '11. This is Magdalene, formerly thephantomgoat. I can't remember or find my password for the life of me (which is part of the reason I haven't posted on the forum in over a month; the other reason: school occupying much of my time), so I created a new account. I'm still interested in being a part of Team Ł for the challenge, but I'm willing to do the individual TAC as well if that's no longer an option.

I'll start my new log later tonight. So excited to get back into this!

Good to see you back! Ruskivyetr was getting worried that his team had abandoned him. There's no real need to create a new log unless you really want to; just continue with your old one and explain what happened.

fortheo
United States
Joined 4981 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 
Studies: French

Message 222 of 297
12 February 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
fortheo wrote:

There's a Japanese Team going, but it has five people already. However, since most of its members have either disappeared or updated very infrequently, I suppose I could add you to Team あ if you like.

Thanks, I would like that a lot.

Magdalene
Diglot
United States
Joined 4981 days ago

119 posts - 220 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, German, Modern Hebrew, French

Message 223 of 297
12 February 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged 
@ellasevia: Thank you! I'll drop by ruskivyetr's log and let him know what's up. Could
you post the link to my new log on the "index page" of this thread once it's created?

Lycan
Diglot
Germany
Joined 4976 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 224 of 297
17 February 2011 at 5:20pm | IP Logged 
Hi

I also started a log for my Japanese studys
If possible could you add me to Team あ aswell?

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version