Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 233 of 297
25 February 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged 
ilcommunication wrote:
Fasulye wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I see that there are a lot of people who drop off quickly, or perhaps do not even start.

Yes, this is really a pity. I for example have only one teammate in my Turkish team, but Sierra hasn't even started the TAC 2011 yet.

Fasulye

Is it too late to join? I'm going to start Turkish in a week. If you need another teammate, let me know.

From my side you are welcome to join the Turkish team. :) And you are also a student of a Scandinavian language.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 25 February 2011 at 2:23pm

1 person has voted this message useful

acriter
United States
Joined 5298 days ago

16 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Japanese, French

Message 234 of 297
28 February 2011 at 9:17am | IP Logged 
I sincerely hope that, unlike last year, I have the motivation and presence of mind
necessary to pursue the TAC this time. However, since I am not sure that I will, I ask
to start off with an individual TAC, so that I don't let any team members down. If I
continue to study efficiently enough, I'll simply merge into whichever team accepts me
in a couple months or so :)

So, here is the planned annihilation:

French: novice -> A2/B1
German: maintain B2 / improve to C1
Japanese: novice -> A2/B1 edit: just A2 here, B1 is unrealistic for me
Swedish: novice -> A2/B1

These are essentially in order of importance. Further details to follow in the log :)
It is highly unlikely I'll be able to advance two languages, much less three, to the B1
level, so I'll probably end up modifying the plan a bit. edit: already did, haha

Thanks for setting this stuff up, this forum is amazing.

Edited by acriter on 28 February 2011 at 8:29pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5415 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, German

Message 235 of 297
28 February 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged 
acriter wrote:

So, here is the planned annihilation:

French: novice -> A2/B1
German: maintain B2 / improve to C1
Japanese: novice -> A2/B1
Swedish: novice -> A2/B1

If you study all three at the same rate, French and Swedish should improve much faster than Japanese. It might be hard to get Japanese to B1 except if that was all your were studying aside from German...

acriter
United States
Joined 5298 days ago

16 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Japanese, French

Message 236 of 297
28 February 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
Ah yes, that is a very good point. Thank you!

akkadboy
Triglot
France
Joined 5353 days ago

264 posts - 497 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Yiddish
Studies: Latin, Ancient Egyptian, Welsh

Message 237 of 297
01 March 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I see that there are a lot of people who drop off quickly, or perhaps do not even start.

Yes, this is really a pity. I for example have only one teammate in my Turkish team, but Sierra hasn't even started the TAC 2011 yet.

Fasulye

I began learning Turkish this week and might be interested in being part of a team as I am sure I will have plenty of questions.
What are the requirements to be part of the TAC/team (besides having a log) ? What kind of relationship is expected between members ? And what punishement if one fails to study during thewhole year :) ?

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5415 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, German

Message 238 of 297
01 March 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged 
akkadboy wrote:
Fasulye wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:

Fasulye

I began learning Turkish this week and might be interested in being part of a team as I am sure I will have plenty of questions.
What are the requirements to be part of the TAC/team (besides having a log) ? What kind of relationship is expected between members ? And what punishement if one fails to study during thewhole year :) ?

Public flogging, what else?
No seriously, you just have to follow your teammates' logs, post a bit there so they'll know someone is reading it, encourage them if they're going through a tough time, correct their posts if you're at a more advanced level... With a bit of luck, they'll do the same for you.

mayfair
Diglot
Australia
theasiaanalyst.wordp
Joined 5364 days ago

48 posts - 74 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, Korean, Mandarin

Message 239 of 297
02 March 2011 at 1:22am | IP Logged 
Although there doesn't seem to be one at the moment, I would love to join a Korean team if one ever eventuated.

In the meantime, I'll continue to update my current log on Korean, Japanese and French (and the occasional bit of Mandarin). Would I need to create a new one if accepted into a TAC team?

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5792 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 240 of 297
02 March 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
mayfair wrote:
Although there doesn't seem to be one at the moment, I would love to join a Korean team if one ever eventuated.

In the meantime, I'll continue to update my current log on Korean, Japanese and French (and the occasional bit of Mandarin). Would I need to create a new one if accepted into a TAC team?

That's not necessary. You may keep your old log, but you should edit the title and give it a TAC 2011 name.

Fasulye

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version