Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5039 days ago

49 posts - 49 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French

Message 33 of 297
15 December 2010 at 8:54pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to do Spanish, French, Italian and perhaps German. I'm not sure what this is all about though. All my languages are beginner except German. I don't know any of that. Also, my Spanish I think is higher than all the others. Is there any way to find out what level we are, like a test online, or do we just have to check it on a chart?
1 person has voted this message useful

troglodyte
Diglot
Groupie
BrazilRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5225 days ago

53 posts - 69 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2
Studies: Italian

Message 34 of 297
15 December 2010 at 8:56pm | IP Logged 
Hello!

I'm also willing to join the TAC 2011.

My goals for next year are :
French: High A2/Low B1 -> High B2/Low C1
German: Begginer       -> B2

Persona
United States
Joined 6617 days ago

3 posts - 4 votes
Studies: German, Japanese, French

Message 35 of 297
15 December 2010 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
I would like to be added to the French list.

My goals for 2011 are:

French - Advance from my current A1-ish level to at least B1 level, preferably B2. For
a variety of reasons I've decided to put my other languages on the backburner to do
serious work on French until I reach a high intermediate level.

Methods:
L-R lots of books
Structured course(s) for formal grammar understanding
Attend weekly conversation practice with local francophone group
Enjoy French media of various kinds: movies, music, books, etc.
SRS to build vocabulary

Lower Priority:

German - Main goal is to maintain and/or improve my passive listening skills, work on
building vocabulary (SRS drills), possibly more active study depending on French
progress.

Japanese - Main goal for this year is to solidify hiragana/katakana knowledge by means
of writing practice, and make steady progress on kanji with writing practice. I may
also try to continue work through Assimil, depending on my French progress.

Ignore all other languages until next year! - This is probably the most difficult...

2 persons have voted this message useful

Iolanthe
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5586 days ago

410 posts - 482 votes 
Speaks: English*, DutchC1
Studies: Turkish, French

Message 36 of 297
15 December 2010 at 10:10pm | IP Logged 
I'm aiming to totally annihilate my monolingualism and gently encourage my Spanish.

Can you add me to the individual TAC please (Dutch, Spanish)

LittleBoy
Diglot
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5255 days ago

84 posts - 100 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto

Message 37 of 297
15 December 2010 at 10:25pm | IP Logged 
Right yes, my plan of aTac...

French - Maintain whilst still progressing at school. Aim for full B2 level, instead of just having it in certain areas.
Spanish - Resurrect knowledge and try and shore up the foundations, aiming for solid B1
Esperanto - Gain A2 level
Mandarin - Plod steadily towards A1/A2 and have completed Heisig.
Toki Pona - Wanderlust vaguely.

And I've got a few other ideas for wanderlust that I'm keeping to myself until I see exactly how little things like exams go...

Team TAC sounds great, and if you need a little help here and there, just give a shout.

Lianne
Canada
thetoweringpile.blog
Joined 5060 days ago

284 posts - 410 votes 
Studies: Esperanto, Toki Pona, German, French

Message 38 of 297
15 December 2010 at 10:38pm | IP Logged 
LittleBoy wrote:

French - Maintain whilst still progressing at school. Aim for full B2 level, instead of just having it in certain areas.
Spanish - Resurrect knowledge and try and shore up the foundations, aiming for solid B1
Esperanto - Gain A2 level
Mandarin - Plod steadily towards A1/A2 and have completed Heisig.
Toki Pona - Wanderlust vaguely.

Yay, another person listing Toki Pona! And you're studying Esperanto, too! :)

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6087 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 39 of 297
15 December 2010 at 11:44pm | IP Logged 
This is starting to look really good, people! At the moment I'm still just compiling a list of participants along with the language(s) they are studying. I'm going to start another list right now with some possible team arrangements, but for now I'm going wait on posting it for a few more days so that we can get more people on the sign-up list so as to facilitate team creation. Like Sierra said, let's aim to have the final teams ready a few days before New Years. We can always add people in and make adjustments after that. What do we want for a format this year for the teams? Should they just be teams of 2-4 people with a common language like last year, or does anybody have any other ideas? The whole idea of a Team TAC came from DaraghM while brainstorming for last year's TAC, so maybe this year will yield another brilliant idea.

In any case, here is the current list of participants. The German and French lists are massive!
TAC 2011 TEAM CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS
Arabic: JPike1028, marvelgirll, Quabazaa, ReneeMona, Préposition
Czech: nuriayasmin
Dutch: ellasevia, marvelgirll, noriyuki_nomura, Shokhn
English: rob4languages, noriyuki_nomura, ReneeMona
Esperanto: ellasevia, Lianne, LittleBoy, Luai_lashire
French: JPike1028, Cetacea, rob4languages, noriyuki_nomura, garyb, Quabazaa, ReneeMona, Whitefish, gizmo2012, troglodyte, Persona, Luai_lashire
Georgian: ruskivyetr
German: thephantomgoat, ellasevia, ruskivyetr, Lianne, JPike1028, Solfrid Cristin, noriyuki_nomura, Quabazaa, ReneeMona, troglodyte
Greek: ellasevia, ruskivyetr, rob4languages, Alpha
Hebrew: Shokhn
Italian: magictom123, JPike1028, noriyuki_nomura, garyb, handfulofkeys, gizmo2012, diabolo menthe
Japanese: ellasevia, noriyuki_nomura, Alpha, nuriayasmin, Luai_lashire
Korean: noriyuki_nomura
Mandarin: thephantomgoat, rob4languages, noriyuki_nomura, Whitefish, LittleBoy
Norwegian: nuriayasmin
Persian: ellasevia, Cetacea
Polish: thephantomgoat, Vos, Alpha
Portuguese: noriyuki_nomura
Romanian: ellasevia
Russian: ellasevia, ruskivyetr, Solfrid Cristin, JPike1028, noriyuki_nomura, handfulofkeys, Préposition
Spanish: Monte_Cristo, thephantomgoat, Vos, noriyuki_nomura, Quabazaa, gizmo2012, LittleBoy, nuriayasmin
Swahili: ellasevia
Swedish: ellasevia, ruskivyetr
Toki Pona: Lianne, LittleBoy
Turkish: Sierra, thephantomgoat
Yiddish: Shokhn

TAC 2011 INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS
Genocyde: German, Mandarin, Persian, Russian, Swahili, Swedish
Iolanthe: Dutch, Spanish
mick33: Afrikaans, Finnish, Spanish, Swedish
The Real CZ: Japanese, Korean

If you are wishing to participate in a 2011 TAC Challenge but don’t see your name on one of these lists, please announce your participation in this thread. If you notice any errors at all, please point them out to me and I’ll fix them right away. Also note that unless you specifically say otherwise, I will add you to the TTAC list.

Specific Concerns:
Persona – Would you like me to add you to the German and/or Japanese lists?
LittleBoy – Would you like me to keep you on the Toki Pona list? I was originally not going to include it as you said it was just wanderlust, but after seeing Lianne’s comment I reconsidered.

(EDIT: I've just finished organizing everyone who has signed up into ten teams, with each person on just one team. To the best of my abilities, I've also tried to accommodate what people have said their focus languages are, but there might be some exceptions (sorry!). I've had to I've tried to make them somewhat equal in numbers, most of them have three participants. With the addition of more people though, these teams are undoubtedly going to get jumbled up a lot. If any other organizers would like to take a look at this preliminary list, just ask and I can PM it to you.)

Edited by ellasevia on 16 December 2010 at 3:28am

Préposition
Diglot
France
aspectualpairs.wordp
Joined 5059 days ago

186 posts - 283 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishC1
Studies: Russian, Arabic (Written), Swedish, Arabic (Levantine)

Message 40 of 297
16 December 2010 at 12:11am | IP Logged 
Oooh, please, count me in!

Russian: B1 to C1
Arabic: A2 to C1

And if I managed to fit that in my studies, then I'd like to do Swedish or Breton from scratch up to an A2 level :)

Edited by Préposition on 16 December 2010 at 12:13am

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version