297 messages over 38 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 ... 37 38 Next >>
Przemek
Hexaglot
Poland
multigato.blogspot.c
Joined 6420 days ago

107 posts - 174 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, SpanishC2, Italian, Portuguese, French
Studies: Turkish, Hindi, Arabic (Written)

Message 66 of 297
17 December 2010 at 1:19pm | IP Logged 
I think it won't be too much, but I will continue working on my Portuguese and Hindi, so please add these languages to my list:
-Portuguese (European) - I think I am at B1 I need to improve
-Hindi - I think I am at B1 I need to improve
1 person has voted this message useful

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5501 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 67 of 297
17 December 2010 at 5:08pm | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
...Teango was listed for Russian and Spanish), but tell me if there are any mistakes with those.

Could you put me down as studying German next year too (my languages will be: Russian, Spanish and German) - thanks.

Nice work, Sierra and ellasevia, and good luck to everyone with annihilating any obstacles and reaching your goals in the 2011 Challenge! :)

nogoodnik
United States
Joined 5514 days ago

372 posts - 461 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew, Russian, French

Message 68 of 297
17 December 2010 at 7:34pm | IP Logged 
Count me in! My main language next year will be Russian.

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6087 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 69 of 297
18 December 2010 at 1:19am | IP Logged 
So today is when Sierra said that we should have things more or less organized in terms of teams and the general set-up. I think that we have accomplished this for the most part, except that we still need to decide on a way to name the teams, but that's not the most vital thing at the moment. Another idea for that for you to consider, though, is to use a special/unique letter from the writing system of the team's language--for example "Team Ł" for Polish, "Team Ñ" for Spanish, and "Team あ" for Japanese. What do you think?

As for our lovely participants--we now have 43 TTACers and 5 ITACers (yes, I made up those words) studying 31 languages, which is quite a good showing, I think. I don't know what it has been like in previous years, but these figures are really exciting. The teams have shifted again, as predicted, and we now have 14 of them. The Czech Team has disappeared for now but instead the Polish Team has emerged, and the Mandarin Team has been morphed into the Chinese Team to include Cantonese as well. I'll list them here with the current number of team members: Arabic [3], Chinese [3], Dutch [3], Esperanto [2], French [4], German [4], Greek [2], Italian [4], Japanese [2], Norwegian [2], Polish [2], Russian [3], Spanish [4], Turkish [2], Team KEN [4]. Hopefully we have some more people sign up; if there's enough interest we can create a couple new groups (variety!) such as Hebrew, Hungarian, and/or Korean Teams.

TAC 2011 TEAM CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS
Arabic: JPike1028, marvelgirll, Quabazaa, ReneeMona, Préposition
Cantonese: jimbo
Czech: nuriayasmin, lerner
Dutch: ellasevia, marvelgirll, noriyuki_nomura, Shokhn, J S
English: rob4languages, noriyuki_nomura, ReneeMona
Esperanto: ellasevia, Lianne, LittleBoy, Luai_lashire
French: JPike1028, Cetacea, rob4languages, noriyuki_nomura, garyb, Quabazaa, ReneeMona, Whitefish, gizmo2012, troglodyte, Persona, Luai_lashire, Adrean, Buttons, M. Medialis, LittleBoy, J S, Kerrie
Georgian: ruskivyetr
German: thephantomgoat, ellasevia, ruskivyetr, Lianne, JPike1028, Solfrid Cristin, noriyuki_nomura, Quabazaa, ReneeMona, troglodyte, gizmo2012, Buttons, lerner, canada38, Kerrie, Teango
Greek: ellasevia, ruskivyetr, rob4languages, Alpha, Kerrie
Hebrew: Shokhn
Hindi: Przemek
Hungarian: Lapislazuli
Italian: magictom123, JPike1028, Oasis88, noriyuki_nomura, garyb, handfulofkeys, gizmo2012, diabolo menthe, Przemek, Lapislazuli, canada38, Kerrie, jimbo, Ncruz
Japanese: ellasevia, noriyuki_nomura, Alpha, nuriayasmin, Luai_lashire, Buttons, M. Medialis, Ncruz
Korean: noriyuki_nomura
Mandarin: thephantomgoat, rob4languages, noriyuki_nomura, Whitefish, LittleBoy
Norwegian: nuriayasmin, Ncruz
Persian: ellasevia, Cetacea
Polish: thephantomgoat, Vos, Alpha, ruskivyetr, Kerrie
Portuguese: noriyuki_nomura, Przemek
Romanian: ellasevia
Russian: ellasevia, ruskivyetr, Solfrid Cristin, JPike1028, noriyuki_nomura, handfulofkeys, Préposition, Przemek, Teango, M. Medialis, nogoodnik
Scottish Gaelic: Ncruz
Spanish: Monte_Cristo, thephantomgoat, Vos, noriyuki_nomura, Quabazaa, gizmo2012, LittleBoy, nuriayasmin, lerner, amber5499, Teango, Buttons, canada38, Kerrie
Swahili: ellasevia, Przemek
Swedish: ellasevia, Przemek, Kerrie
Toki Pona: Lianne, LittleBoy
Turkish: Sierra, thephantomgoat, Przemek
Yiddish: Shokhn

TAC 2011 INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS
Fabrizio: Afrikaans, Japanese, Spanish
Genocyde: German, Mandarin, Persian, Russian, Swahili, Swedish
Iolanthe: Dutch, Spanish
mick33: Afrikaans, Finnish, Spanish, Swedish
The Real CZ: Japanese, Korean

If you are wishing to participate in a 2011 TAC Challenge but don’t see your name on one of these lists, please announce your participation in this thread. If you notice any errors at all, please point them out to me and I’ll fix them right away. Also note that unless you specifically say otherwise, I will add you to the TTAC list.

Specific Concerns:
LauraM – There are lots of sites on the Internet to gauge one's level in a language, but they aren't consistent, and vary from language to language. If you'd like to assess yourself according to the CEFR (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2), you could see this grid (or this one), and this demonstration of speaking levels in English. I hope this helps!
nogoodnik – Do you just want to be added to the Russian list, or to the Hebrew and French lists as well? The only difference is that if you agree to the latter it would allow the option of creating a Hebrew Team, but you're on the Russian Team at the moment.

Edited by ellasevia on 18 December 2010 at 10:12pm

nogoodnik
United States
Joined 5514 days ago

372 posts - 461 votes 
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew, Russian, French

Message 70 of 297
18 December 2010 at 1:42am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
nogoodnik – Do you just want to be added to the Russian list, or to the Hebrew and French lists as well? The only difference is that if you agree to the latter it would allow the option of creating a Hebrew Team, but you're on the Russian Team at the moment.

I'd like to stay on the Russian team, just because I think I'll need a lot of support with this language and I already have a pretty clear direction with Hebrew and French. I will of course be actively reading all of the Hebrew logs though, because Hebrew learners are awesome!

akprocks
United States
Joined 5231 days ago

178 posts - 258 votes 
Studies: German

Message 71 of 297
18 December 2010 at 3:46am | IP Logged 
Any one want to hop on the Swedish bandwagon this year? I've logged 2 hours so far..

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6087 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 72 of 297
18 December 2010 at 3:50am | IP Logged 
akprocks wrote:
Any one want to hop on the Swedish bandwagon this year? I've logged 2 hours so far..

Would you like me to include you on the list for Swedish learners? It's quite likely that a team will be formed, but it will probably have to be a Pan-Scandinavian Team for Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish as there doesn't seem to be enough interest for each of these individually. Lycka till!

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version