Congo
Joined 5909 days ago

199 posts - 346 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 41 of 72
09 January 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged 
Splog wrote:

The only problem is that it is much too expensive for me.

I guess it's not that expensive nowadays
1 person has voted this message useful

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5851 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 
Speaks: Lowland Scots, English*, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Studies: Catalan, Italian, German, Irish, Welsh

Message 42 of 72
09 January 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged 
tmp011007 wrote:
Splog wrote:

The only problem is that it is much too expensive for me.

I guess it's not that expensive nowadays

Has the price dropped, then? The website has been updated since I last looked but the prices and the option to buy have disappeared....

tmp011007
Diglot
Congo
Joined 5909 days ago

199 posts - 346 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 43 of 72
11 January 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
FLR Chinese levels 1&2
Digital (Instant Download: Level 1&2)
Price: $80.00

http://roadrunninglanguagecamp.com/?page_id=243

p.s.: I'd like to see/read an objective review (but maybe it's just me)

p.p.s.: NarcissusXXIII, I'm still thinking it would be nice to know what you think about the course/guide now you've been using it for a while

Edited by tmp011007 on 11 January 2012 at 9:40pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5851 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 

Message 44 of 72
12 January 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged 
That's a much more reasonable price, considering you've got to go and buy the content elsewhere.

I wonder if he's selling himself short though -- as I said before, he should be selling it as a course with himself, with the DVD thrown in free. After all, everyone expects to pay a lot for a teacher, but not as much for a DVD....

jondesousa
Tetraglot
United States
goo.gl/Zgg3nRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6104 days ago

227 posts - 297 votes 
Speaks: English*, Portuguese, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Mandarin, Spanish

Message 45 of 72
12 January 2012 at 5:40pm | IP Logged 
That's a good point, Cainntear. I myself would like to see it available as a weekly guided course. I have a Mandarin tutor now who lives in Beijing and we have once per week Skype calls for $15 for 1 hour.

In Moses' case, I think that he isn't selling you a course on how to learn Mandarin so much as he is selling you a course on how to learn a language quickly and efficiently while getting conversant in Mandarin in the process. The value proposition of these two products would be very different and in my opinion can result in very different value pricing for the two.

For example, I would not personally want to pay a lot of money to learn Mandarin Only if my goal in life is to learn many languages in a very efficient way and so for me there is value in learning how to efficiently learn a language. As a result, a higher price can be commanded and if I learn a language in the process that would be a bonus, in my opinion.

I would really like Moses to restructure how he is offering these because I think that by creating many different language courses the focus seems to be on teaching you one language using a different method and the focus on the methodology can get lost in the process.

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5509 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 46 of 72
12 January 2012 at 8:05pm | IP Logged 
tmp011007 wrote:
FLR Chinese levels 1&2
Digital (Instant Download: Level 1&2)
Price: $80.00

http://roadrunninglanguagecamp.com/?page_id=243

That seems like a bargain, particularly since it appears to also include 7 hours of lessons with Moses himself. Even if the DVDs were not included, that that price works out to only about $11 per hour of one to one instruction. Sounds great, and I am surprised this substantial price drop has not become better known.

JimC
United Kingdom
tinyurl.com/aberdeen
Joined 5387 days ago

199 posts - 317 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 47 of 72
13 January 2012 at 12:44pm | IP Logged 
Cainntear wrote:
That's a much more reasonable price, considering you've got to go and buy the content elsewhere.

Definitely seems like a worthwhile buy now considering the 1-1 sessions inclided. Not clear what it means though about buying the content elswhere. What do Moses' disks include and what else do I need to buy?

Jim

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5851 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 

Message 48 of 72
13 January 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged 
JimC wrote:
Cainntear wrote:

Definitely seems like a worthwhile buy now considering the 1-1 sessions inclided. Not clear what it means though about buying the content elswhere. What do Moses' disks include and what else do I need to buy?

There's a list of things you'll need to buy for each course, and for Chinese at least, I believe that includes Pimsleur (as well as grammar books, dictionaries and for Asian languages Remember the <Insert name of script here>), which is a significant wodge of money to start off with.

The videos are only 10-20 minutes each, so there's not a lot of actual content included.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 72 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version