Joined 5954 days ago

707 posts - 1219 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Polish

Message 41 of 115
05 February 2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged 
Jestem podekscytowany o podróży!
I am thrilled about the trip

Whereabouts in Poland are you going? I've been thinking of going to study in Poland too, so I'd be grateful for any ideas (PM me if you want).

1 person has voted this message useful

Homogenik
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4673 days ago

314 posts - 407 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 42 of 115
06 February 2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged 
I plan to go to Warsaw at the Polonicum school (Uniwersytet Warszawski) : http://www.polonicum.uw.edu.pl/
I never went to Warsaw before so I preferred to go there as it makes the trip also easier (no need to travel from a
city to the next).

Mooby
Scotland
Joined 5954 days ago

707 posts - 1219 votes 

Message 43 of 115
06 February 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the link Homogenik, we look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Homogenik
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4673 days ago

314 posts - 407 votes 

Message 44 of 115
11 February 2012 at 4:56pm | IP Logged 
Well things seem to be going well this month, from february 1st to 10th, I've done an average of 90 minutes a
day of polish (and 32 min of chinese), so I'm getting back to some more efficient study. My polish is going rather
well I think although, jak zwykle, my speaking is the worst, the words just don't pop up in my head. I'm doing
lesson 17 now.
As for chinese, I decided to buy books from the series Step by Step by Sinolingua because I had a look at them
and they seem amazing. I bought:
Elementary Chinese Characters: Step by Step Chinese
Chinese Speaking Elementary 1: Step by Step Chinese (with CD)
Intensive Chinese Elementary 1: Step by Step Chinese (with CD)

It should help me with my dabbling, especially since I'm slowly advancing with Pimsleur I (lesson 23 now) and I'd
like to learn to write too, at the same time. I was also glad to find a website selling these and charging zero for
shipping (amazing).

Edited by Homogenik on 11 February 2012 at 4:56pm

Homogenik
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4673 days ago

314 posts - 407 votes 

Message 45 of 115
16 February 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged 
I suggest this site to listen to or even download mp3s of a polish talk radio show called Dzień Tygodnia. Click on
czytaj więcej and then you can listen to the show or download it by clicking on Pobierz oryginalny plik. It's a group
of people eating lunch and talking about politics.

http://www.radiozet.pl/Programy/7-Dzien-
Tygodnia

Mooby
Scotland
Joined 5954 days ago

707 posts - 1219 votes 

Message 46 of 115
16 February 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged 
Just listened to one of the talks. They were speaking quickly (to my ears), but the sound quality is great and I can distinguish words and pronunciations clearly. I can even comprehend a few things! Thanks for the link, I've saved it in my 'favourites'.

Homogenik
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4673 days ago

314 posts - 407 votes 

Message 47 of 115
17 February 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged 
Yeah I've been looking for a downloadable talk radio show for a while now, I'm glad I found it. I'm sure it can be very
useful.

tozick
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
Joined 6211 days ago

44 posts - 69 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English

Message 48 of 115
18 February 2012 at 6:28pm | IP Logged 
If you want to listen to a wider variety of programmes I'd recommend this website www.polskieradio.pl/9,Trojka/30,Audycje

Some of the stuff they have that will be more suitable for a language learner (mostly speaking/not music) you can try:

Co w mowie piszczy? (while probably not of quite the same importance for you as for native speakers that's basically about words/phrases/sayings in Polish that are commonly used incorrectly; each episode is usually short <5 mins but, at least for me, extremely interesting and definitely will help you not make the mistakes you can pick up from natives)

Europa od kuchni (this one is about EU in general, whatever comes up in a particular week; also short ~5 mins usually)

Kulisy Kulinarnej Akademii (another <5 min programme about food)

Bardzo Ważny Projekt (this is is roughly 15 min long and its aim I think is to help people understand the current problems of economy and politics)

Godzina prawdy (as the name suggests it is pretty long and basically each episode is about 1 person someone who's done something important etc., someone with a story to tell/whose story is worth tellling)

Komentatorzy (a journalist from one of the main newspapers/magazines such as newsweek etc. gets invited and discusses with the host current political issues)

Powieść w Trójce (that's basically like a free audiobook, they read a chapter or so of a book in each episode; wide array of books may help you pick a book to read or you can just learn something from the chapter they have)

Klub Trójki (that's about pretty much anything - the last few episodes: neuroscience, managing a company, ww2, equality, linguistics; oh and that's a phone-in so you basically get about 45 min of talking of not only the host(s) but also random people who want to share their opinion, I suppose it's good for seeing the difference between the somewhat formal speech of radio presenters and the common folks)

Salon polityczny Trójki (that's a typical talk show where they'll invite politicians and discuss the current issues)

If you go to   moje.polskieradio.pl   yo u can find some more programmes. That website is piss easy to navigate, you just click on the red 'słowo' or the images with a wee red microphone on them. They also seem to have an iphone/android app for that.

This discussion contains 115 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version