Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
109 messages over 14 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7 ... 13 14 Next >>
sgh78
Diglot
France
Joined 4585 days ago

163 posts - 215 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Norwegian, Latin, Persian, Biblical Hebrew, Arabic (classical), German

Message 49 of 109
09 April 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged 
Report #25 : 07/04/2012

CLASSICAL ARABIC-العربية :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned five new words (قملة [louse] , ثعبان [snake] , دودة [worm] , سمكة [fish] , شجرة [tree]).

HEBREW-עברית :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned some new word [שיער [hair] , צוואר [neck] , ציפּורן [fingernail] , כף רגל [foot] , ברך [knee]).

SPANISH-ESPAÑOL :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned new words (soplar [to blow] , réir [to laugh] , oir [to hear] , ver [to see] , jugar [to play] , temer [to fear] , oler [to smell] , decir [to say] , cavar [to dig] , escupir [to spit]).

1 person has voted this message useful

sgh78
Diglot
France
Joined 4585 days ago

163 posts - 215 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Norwegian, Latin, Persian, Biblical Hebrew, Arabic (classical), German

Message 50 of 109
09 April 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Report #26 : 08/04/2012

GERMAN-DEUTSCH :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned ten new words (kommen [to come] , fallen [to fall] , halten [to hold] , reiben [to rub] , geben [to give] , waschen [to wash] , sagen [to say] , spielen [to play] , drücken [to push] , binden [to tie]).

FARSI-فارسی :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned some new words (مو [hair] , سر [head] , چشم [eye] , دم [teil] , پر [feather] , خون [blood] , چرب [fat] , تخم [egg] , شاخ [horn] , گوش [ear]).

LATIN-LATINA :
Ressource used :
- The lessons three ,four and five http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Latin.
1.I revised the first declination in singular and plural and the second declination in singular about masculin.
2.I learned the second declination in plural about masculin (declination of the word master):
plural :
A.Nominative : Domini
B.Vocative : Domini
C.Accusative : Dominos
D.Genitive : Dominorum
E.Dative : Dominis
F.Ablative : Dominis
3.I learned the second declination in singular and plural about neutral (declination of the word temple) :
Singular-Plural
A.Nominative : Templum-Templa
B.Vocative : Templum-Templa
C.Accusative : Templum-Templa
D.Genitive : Templi-Templorum
E.Dative : Templo-Templis
F.Ablative : Templo-Templis

sgh78
Diglot
France
Joined 4585 days ago

163 posts - 215 votes 

Message 51 of 109
10 April 2012 at 11:17pm | IP Logged 
Report #27 : 09/04/2012

ENGLISH :
Ressource used :
- L'anglais pour les nuls (English for dummies , in French)
1.I read the chapitre 2.

RUSSIAN-РУССКИЙ :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I maked a audio , I want to listen this and publish the file later.

NORWEGIAN BOKMÅL-NORSK BOKMÅL :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I found good informations about the phonetic therefore later I want to make a audio to test my pronunciation norwegian phonemes.

sgh78
Diglot
France
Joined 4585 days ago

163 posts - 215 votes 

Message 52 of 109
11 April 2012 at 5:09pm | IP Logged 
Report #28 : 10/04/2012

CLASSICAL ARABIC-العربية :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned seven new words (ب [with or in] , مع [with] , فكرة [to think] , يمين [right] , يسار [left] , رقبة [neck] , أنف [nose]).

HEBREW-עברית :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned some new word (ארוך [long] , קצר [short] , כבד [heavy] , צר [narrow] , רזה [thin] , עבה [thick] , רחב [wide]).

SPANISH-ESPAÑOL :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned new words (palo [stick] , morir [to die] , cortar [to cut] , partir [to spit] , golpear [to hit] , pelear [to fight] , hígado [liver (organ)]).

sgh78
Diglot
France
Joined 4585 days ago

163 posts - 215 votes 

Message 53 of 109
12 April 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged 
Report #29 : 11/04/2012

GERMAN-DEUTSCH :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned ten new words (dieses [this] , jenes [that] , wischen [to wipe] , fließen [to flow] , schweben [to float] , rot [red-] , weiss [white-] , schwarz [black-] , gelb [yellow-] , grün [green-]).

FARSI-فارسی :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I learned some new words (بینی [nose] , دهان [mouth] , دندان [tooth] , زبان [tongue] , پا [foot] , قرمز [red-] زرد [yellow-] , سبز [green-] , سفید [white-] , سیاه [black-]).

LATIN-LATINA :
Ressource used :
- The lesson six http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Latin.
1.I learned the verb "to be" in latin in perfectum.
A.Fui
B.Fuisti
C.Fuit
D.Fuimus
E.Fuistis
F.Fuerunt/ere

PS : About the name of colours I writed - to avoid the text coloration.

Edited by sgh78 on 12 April 2012 at 5:52pm

sgh78
Diglot
France
Joined 4585 days ago

163 posts - 215 votes 

Message 54 of 109
14 April 2012 at 12:11am | IP Logged 
Report #30 : 12/04/2012

ENGLISH :
Ressource used :
- L'anglais pour les nuls (English for dummies , in French)
1.I read the chapitre 3.

RUSSIAN-РУССКИЙ :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I maked a audio to tested my pronunciation. I would like to know what the native speakers think about this , I have a problem with these sounds :
A./ɨ = ы in мы.
B./ɐ = о in когда.
C./æ = а in пять.
D./tɕ and /ɕ = ч in человек.
E./ʑ = ж in ʐ.
F./x = х in ухо.
G./r = р in рот.
H./ʲ = ь in ноготь.

Link to listen : http://www.2shared.com/audio/GHV3Dedh/WAVE0001.html
Link with the words pronounced : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_Swadesh_du_russe

NORWEGIAN BOKMÅL-NORSK BOKMÅL :
Ressource used :
- Swadesh List
1.I maked a audio to tested my pronunciation norwegian consonants. I would like to know what people to know IPA think. The consonants with () are not pronounced :

Link to listen : http://www.2shared.com/audio/EnO1NMIP/WAVE0001.html
Consonants : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nocon.png/

napoleon
Tetraglot
India
Joined 4960 days ago

543 posts - 874 votes 
Speaks: Bengali*, English, Hindi, Urdu
Studies: French, Arabic (Written)

Message 55 of 109
14 April 2012 at 7:00am | IP Logged 
I couldn't help but notice that you tend to make your adjectives agree with your nouns in English. One does that in french but not in English . So, it should be new books and not 'news books'.
BTW, the past tense of make is made.
'News' est l'actualite en francais. Alors, 'news books' en anglais sont les livres des les actualite en francais.
Pouvez-vous me corriger mes erreurs, s'il vous plait.

Edited by napoleon on 14 April 2012 at 3:12pm

5 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6541 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 56 of 109
14 April 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged 
I've listened to most of your Russian file and well, it's quite difficult to understand many words tbh. Before you pronounce fast, learn to pronounce slowly and accurately, syllable by syllable if needed.. you mumble a lot.
specific sounds:
ы - fine in ты but not in мы, вы
ɐ = о in когда. it's basically a lazy "a", don't worry about it. It's maybe a bit like a schwa or ы. The whole point is that only stressed vowels are pronounced clearly.
ж - I know it exists in French, afaiu words like журнал, жандарм are pronounced pretty much exactly as in French, apart from the r's.
ч - you pronounce it in words like мать actually.

Also, wikipedia isn't always the best source. It should be easy to find the recordings of the most common words.

I'm not sure the sound in пять is really æ. the vowel doesn't matter that much really, the more important thing here is learning to soften the consonant.

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 109 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version