Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Esperanto

Message 17 of 26
15 September 2013 at 7:11am | IP Logged 
Ĉi-semajne, mi legis kaj aŭskultis la komencon de la novelo Gerda Malaperis, skribita de Claude Piron. Mi ankoraŭ studis per la kursoj "La puzlo de Esperanto" kaj "Mi estas komencanto" kaj mi finis la kurson "Bildoj kaj demandoj" kaj komencis la kurson "Ana renkontas" kiu estas la sekvaĵo de la kurso "Ana Pana". Mi pensas ke ĝi estis tro multe da kursoj samtempe kaj mi devas fini iom kursojn. Mi ankoraŭ praktikis paroli esperante dum renkontiĝo de mia klubo de Esperanto. Mi rakontas tiun renkontiĝon poste. Finfine, mi evidente skribis unu tekston en esperanto : ĉi tiu forummesaĝo.

Hieraŭ, mi iris al la renkontiĝo de la Montreala Klubo de Esperanto por renkonti aliajn geesperantistojn kaj praktiki Esperantparoladon. Estis la unua fojo ke mi iri al renkontiĝo de tiu klubo en Montrealo sed mi jam konis la pliparton de la geklubaroj ĉar mi estis renkontinta ilin kiam mi iris al la Mekaro en Ottavo dum la lasta Mayo. La Mekaro estas internacia renkontiĝo por geesperantistoj de Kebekio, Ontario kaj Usono. Ĝi okazas en malsama urbo ĉiujare, unu el du fojoj en Ontario kaj la alia fojo en Kebekio.

Hieraŭ, estis la unua renkontiĝo post la ferioj. Do, ĉiuj babilis pri sin ferio. Poste, estis la generala asembleo de la klubo. Ni discutis pri la pasinta jaro kaj pri la venonta jaro. Ni planis la renkontiĝojn kaj la agadojn por la venonta jaro kaj elektis la estraroj por la du venontaj jaroj. Mi komprenis la pliparton de la diskuto sed mi ne parolis multe ĉar paroli Esperante estas malfacile por mi nun. Espereble, mi pliboniĝos antaŭ la venonta renkontiĝo kaj mi povos pli partopreni en la diskuton.

La venontaj semanoj, mi planas fari la samajn aĵojn :
- mi legos almenaŭ unu ĉapitro de Gerda Malaperis ;
- mi aŭskultos Esperanton tri fojoj po tridek minutoj per fojo ;
- mi studos tri lecionojn ;
- mi skribos unu tekston ; kaj
- mi diskutos unu foje en Esperanto.

Edited by Tsopivo on 17 September 2013 at 5:45pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 

Message 18 of 26
16 September 2013 at 5:35pm | IP Logged 
I finished the course La puzlo Esperanto yesterday. I want to finish Mi estas komencanto this week because as I said yesterday, I am spread too thin on too many courses.

Also, I did not mention it yesterday because I only talked about Esperanto but I finished Pimsleur (it was a short course with only 8 lessons) a few days ago. I begun Living Language Drive Time but I might switch to something else. The English voice in Living Spanish is extra chirpy and overexcited and it really grates my nerves. It sounds like a course aimed at children but I know it's not since you're supposed to do it while driving. I've seen a lot of free podcasts mentioned on this forum so I have a lot of other resources to choose from. I'll see what I decide. Also, I plan on creating an anki deck with what I've learned from the audio courses so I don't forget them.

Edited by Tsopivo on 16 September 2013 at 5:37pm

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 

Message 19 of 26
12 October 2013 at 6:03pm | IP Logged 
Long time no update :D I had guest at my houses for the past 2 weeks so I have put my studies a bit aside but they are gone so I am back in the game now. Since last update, I have finished "Mi estas komencanto" which means I have now completed all beginner courses, did a tiny bit of Ana Renkontas, read a tiny bit of Gerda Malaperis, used Anki from time to time and had 2 skype conversations in Esperanto. In Spanish, I've watched a few episode of TV shows, listened to a few lessons and used Anki. Overall, I have not been too active or too regular but I knew I would not be so I am OK with it.

There is not so much time left before the end of the year and I am not anywhere near my 2013 target, as vague as it was :

Quote:
For Esperanto : attain a level of fluency that I am happy with. This is a very subjective definition but I am not sure how good I will need or want to be in Esperanto but basically, I would like to be "finished" with my active study of Esperanto in 2013.
So current level A1, planned level on December 31st, 2013 : B2 (?).

There is 12 weeks left so I have decided to divide them into four 21 days periods :
- the 1st three week period will focus on reading ;
- the 2nd on writing ;
- the 3rd on listening ;
- the 4th on speaking.
Each period will include doing said activity for 30 minutes a day for 21 consecutive days with the hope that this particular skill will noticeably improve. I might change a few things like switching writing and listening or doing one month if I can and if I see that three weeks are not enough. I am unsure if I will update weekly or at the end of each period. Most likely, it will be random.

I want to focus on Esperanto and get it "out of the way". I plan on really starting on Spanish on January 1st. In the meantime, I will definitively keep watching TV shows for the Super challenge and I am likely to keep flirting with it with the occasional audio lesson or podcast, straying on duolingo...

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4370 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 20 of 26
12 October 2013 at 9:50pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations on finishing your course! It sounds like you have a good game plan for the rest of the year. Keep it
up!

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 

Message 21 of 26
13 October 2013 at 4:48am | IP Logged 
Thanks. I am doing Ana Renkontas now, the sequel from Ana Pana course. After that, I plan to take the level A (basic) test on lernu. I have started "preparing" for it (really, just checking the requirement and making sure all the vocabulary is in my Anki).

I think I will add passing the level B (medium) test, which is for fluent speakers, as a goal for 2013.

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 

Message 22 of 26
20 October 2013 at 3:33am | IP Logged 
Week1 of Intensive Reading :
Today I finished reading "Gerda Malaperis" I would strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning Esperanto. It consists in a mystery book written specially for learners, meaning the vocabulary and grammar used is very very simple at the beginning and the complexity of the language gradually increases. Similarly, the vocabulary is introduced progressively and in such a way that it is understandable from context and is repeated throughout the book to improve memorization. The text comes with vocabulary list, comprehension questions and audio files but I focused on intensive reading. I will reread the book and finish listening to the audio and entering the vocab' in Anki later. The comprehension questions I am not interested in as they are too easy.

For the next week or two weeks, I will read "Jen nia IJK". It is also part of a course but I will focus on reading and so I won't do all the exercises at first but will probably come back to them later.

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 

Message 23 of 26
22 October 2013 at 7:29pm | IP Logged 
I have spent a shitload of time yesterday and today installing Learn with Text, making sure every single word or string of letters I have come across in the past year is entered as known, creating cards for the entire lexicon of Gerda Malaperis and importing/exporting facts from and to Anki. Hopefully, this will facilitate reading and creating new cards in Anki in the future.

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 

Message 24 of 26
25 October 2013 at 7:19pm | IP Logged 
Week 2 of intensive reading:
So I have changed my mind about picking Jen nia IJK as my next read; I have decided to do it as a course, one lesson per day and I chose La eta princo (the little prince) instead. It was really difficult at first and I thought maybe I was not ready and I should read another book written for learners before coming back to it. I stayed with it though and it became easier quickly and I could read with relative ease well before the end so I can definitively see improvement already. I am not reading as fast and as comfortably as I want yet though; I would not consider myself a fluent reader.

As for other activities, I have finished the "Ana Renkontas" course and I am preparing to pass the level 1 text this week-end. I had one more conversation with my new language partner and it went better than last time even though I still made a lot of grammatical mistakes and I had to look for words in lernu and to ask my partner to repeat a few times. Using LwT means that I create tons of new Anki cards everyday so I have changed my routine regarding Anki. It is now set for a 5mn session each day : all due cards 1st and new cards are proposed only if there is time left after that. Finally, I have added reading a wikipedia article to my daily routine.

Next week
I think I am going to focus reading on other types of things now : radio transcripts, newspapers, magazines and other informative articles, blogs and forums posts... Hopefully, this, especially the radio transcripts, will help me for the week after that, when I enter the listening phase of my study.

Spanish
I have been less active in Spanish but I am still continuing to familiarize myself with the sound of it. I have watch 2 or 3 episode of my TV show, listened to quite a few Notes in Spanish podcast and used Duolingo. I am also using Drive Time Spanish by Living Language but I don't really have the feeling that I am getting much of it. I might drop it soon.

Edited by Tsopivo on 25 October 2013 at 7:23pm

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version