Germany
Joined 4725 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 25 of 32
08 November 2011 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
Day 7

Today I started studying lesson 22 of easypersian.

I had already guessed how to use adjectives with nouns, so I didn't really learn any new grammar.

I was comparatively lazy. I just revised vocabulary, added about 15 new words and wrote the practice sentences from lesson 21:

دوستم شصت و دو کتاب را پار سال جاند
جان چهل و هفت کتاب را سال پیش نجاند
آقای جونز دو سال پیش آز دوازده کشور دیدن کرد
خانم پودل دانش آموزانش را سه هفته پیش ندید
آن دختر چاق بیست و هفت شکلاد را امروز صبح خورد
ین پسر چهل و نه بادکنک را امروز بعد از ظهر ترکاند
برادر کوچکش چهار بادبادک را امروز عصر پرواز داد
ین گربه یازده موش را هفته کزشته گرفت
آن گربه سفید شانزده موش را هفته پیش نگرفت
هلن پنزه و یک توپ را دیروز فروخت
من چهل و سه توپ را ین هفته نفروختن
او میر را سه روز پیش نشکست
مادرم هفتاد و هفت بشقاب را امروز بعد از ظهر شست
مادر جک شیصت و شش بشقاب را امروز صبح نشست
دوست جک اتاقش امشب تمیز نکرد

After one week I can make short sentences in Simple Past and know 172 words to different degrees. The experiment continues.

In week 2 I want to

- study more with my book (finish Alphabet section and lessons 1 & 2)
- study at least "Greetings" (maybe also "Family") on this site
- study up to easypersian lesson 30
and possibly look into some other resources as well

I've also decided to reward myself (at the same time as conveniently improving my listening skills) by watching 1 movie in Persian per week.

So, I'll have lots to do!

Edited by druckfehler on 08 November 2011 at 12:12am

1 person has voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4725 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 26 of 32
09 November 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged 
Day 8

Song of the day: My Work by رعنا فرحان

Today I studied lesson 23, 24 of easypersian.com.

I learned colours and some more numbers.

Grammar-wise there's nothing new, so it's getting a bit boring. I just keep practicing the same type of sentences with different words. I'm probably going to start with the grammar lessons in my book soon to get a look at the present tense. Easypersian only starts on present tense in lesson 53 and I think that's a bit late. I want to have some time to get used to the irregular forms.

I watched a movie in Persian today and it was very difficult to make out any words. Most of the characters spoke in a rather slurred way and while I read a bit about the sound differences in spoken language that still made it a lot more difficult to find the words I should recognise. I did recognise some with help of subtitles and the rewind button, but it reminded me that I should pay more attention to listening.
2 persons have voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4725 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 27 of 32
11 November 2011 at 2:10am | IP Logged 
Day 10.

Today I finished lesson 23 of easypersian.com.

I didn't really do anything yesterday. I tried to study vocabulary, but nothing much seemed to stick. So I gave myself a break, which may have been a decent idea, because today I managed to memorise all the new vocabulary from lessons 23 and 24 and I'm more motivated again.

I've noticed that the translation exercises I do feel at lot easier than at the beginning, so I think it's really time for new grammar. Listening, on the other hand, is extremely difficult. Of course it is, I know almost no Persian. But I even have trouble to pick up on the words I already learned.

Edited by druckfehler on 11 November 2011 at 2:10am

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4725 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 28 of 32
13 November 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged 
Day 11.

Yesterday I finished lesson 24 and 25 of easypersian.com, finished the alphabet lessons and started lesson 1 of Sprachkurs Persisch.

I learned colours and numbers up to 1.000.000. I'm definitely done with numbers now. I also learned to make and answer simple questions. (is the door closed? Yes, it is closed.) And I learned است and نیست and more about the conjunction و and when it's spoken as "va" and when as "o".

Day 12.

Today I studied lesson 26 and 27 of easypersian.com, finished lesson 1 of Sprachkurs Persisch and started on lesson 2.

I learned how to ask questions (again :)), more on making adjectives, Ezafe and possessive pronouns and, most importantly, I learned the forms of simple present. I still have to learn the irregular present tense verb stems, but there will be no more wondering at what all those words starting with mi- (می) signify. Yay!

And with this, I have met another of my goals, namely to know at least two verb tenses in Persian.

It's proving a good idea to study both with the website and the book. Easypersian provides a lot more exercises and has a slower pace, so I can comfortably get to know the language, the book provides more background information and better grammar overviews and also more natural text, but it's a lot faster and there's not much practice material.

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4725 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 29 of 32
15 November 2011 at 5:18pm | IP Logged 
Day 13.

I finished lesson 26 and 27 from easypersian.com and continued with the grammar section in lesson 2 of Sprachkurs Persisch.

Day 14.

I studied lesson 28 and 29 of easypersian.com.

Day 15.

I studied lesson 30 of easypersian.com and the first text from Sprachkurs Persisch lesson 2.

I didn't have as much time to spend on Persian as I did last week, so I didn't quite achieve the goals I set for this week. However, I still feel that I made good progress. I now know around 300 words in Persian to differing degrees, I know how to use verbs in simple past, present perfect and have looked at simple present tense.

My goals until day 21 are:
- study at least up to lesson 36 of easypersian
- finish lesson 2 and 3 of Sprachkurs Persisch
- Study the "Greetings" section on this site.
- watch 2 movies in Persian

Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5266 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 
Speaks: French*, German*, EnglishC1, Swiss-German, Hungarian
Studies: Italian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 30 of 32
16 November 2011 at 12:12am | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
Day 8

Song of the day: My Work by رعنا فرحان

Thanks for this song ! I don't know, it never entered my mind that persian Blues/Jazz could exist ! ^^'So, thanks for sharing it, wonderful song ! I really do love music, it's one of the most beautiful thing in a language...

Kisfröccs

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4725 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 31 of 32
22 November 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged 
Hey Kissfröccs,

I'm glad you like the song! I was actually also surprised to find that Persian Jazz song, the usual stuff on youtube is more Iranian pop with a mean techno beat :D
Yes, it's one of the things I like most in language learning, to listen to music in different languages and hoefully gradually beginning to understand what they're about :)

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4725 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 32 of 32
22 November 2011 at 12:30am | IP Logged 
Day 21.

Today marks the end of the 3rd week of my Persian studies, that means we're at half-time of the 6WC.

By now I've studied for a total 47 hours and have 450 Persian words in my Anki log. I've learned 3 tenses so far: simple past, present perfect and present tense (although that needs more work, because I don't know all the irregular roots of the verbs I've studied yet.

I've studied up to easypersian lesson 36 and have studied half of lesson II in my book Sprachkurs Persisch. I wanted to study more with the book, but the immense amount of vocabulary for each lesson slows me down considerably.
I also watched 5 great Iranian short films in Persian and was happy to understand a couple of words and 1 whole sentence :) I also understand more words from lyrics by now, everytime I listen I notice some new ones, which is encouraging.

Nevertheless, in week 4 I want to:
- finish Sprachkurs Lesson 2 and 3
- Study all the easypersian lessons for Future Tense, which means unitl lesson 43
- watch 1 movie in Persian

Now I'll say خدا هافز (Goodbye) and study some more.

Song of the day: خداحافظ نگو by فریدون

Edited by druckfehler on 22 November 2011 at 12:30am

This discussion contains 32 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version