egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 73 of 82
21 August 2007 at 5:48pm | IP Logged 
21st, 58 mins, was going to listen to the different CBS podcasts before i used quizlet to make sure i had learned all the vocabulary thoroughly for each one. 5 minutes into CBS 3, the first one ive listened to after starting with quizlet, and i changed my mind, didnt feel it was worth my time, any how, used quizlet thoroughly to cover podcasts 3 and 4, took 31 minutes. and then a further 10 minutes to update my flashcards, prior to that i had reviewed my flashcards, which took 7 minutes.also listened to a news podcast for 5 minutes.

definitely going to do some MT tomorrow, been so lacking in that for weeks, may even have to start the disc im on again, or even earlier, just to make sure i have everything down.

i would definitely recommend using quizlet, whether its with sets other people have made, or with your own. it is definitely worth it. i may, once ive finished with all the useful sets i can find, use it conjunction with Iversens method to learn new vocabulary. At the minute im not sure whether its best to familiarise, learn and then test each set in the same sitting, or familiarise and learn in one sitting then test the next day, or do another day of learning and the test on the third day, just to make sure everything sticks before i add it to my flashcards, or whether the short term sticking will suffice. At the minute im only using words that i am fairly familiar with anyway, i may have to experiment with that in the long run, when im more advanced and need more vocabulary.

hopefully my readers will be here tomorrow and i can have a look at those.

1 person has voted this message useful

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 74 of 82
30 August 2007 at 6:30pm | IP Logged 
still no Mt, and limited Spanish work done, been ill for a few days and had a migraine, so just tried to keep up with the flashcards.

22nd 42 minutes. 8 minutes on flashcards, 5 minutes reading a story on 20minutos.es. 22 minutes using quizlet for CBS 5 and 6. and 11 minutes making new flashcards.
23rd 5 minutes reading a Spanish Reader
24th 0 minutes
25th 2 minutes of flashcards
26th 5 minutes of flashcards
27th 26 minutes. 17 minutes catching up on flashcards, and 9 minutes with a Spanish reader.
28th 5 minutes of flashcards.
29th 26 minutes. 3 minutes of flashcards. 23 minutes on the first 255 sentences of loquella.com, which is fsi Spanish.
30th 39 minutes. 3 minutes of flashcards, 5 minutes reading an article on BBC mundo. and 31 minutes finishing unit 1 of loquella.com, sentences 256 to 746.

my birthday this weekend, so i dont see that much Spanish being done, hopefully ill do some as i have been so slack for over a month now and i feel if i dont find some motivation, or get back into the habit of doing some straight after ive eaten my evening meal then i might give up for good. which, by the way, i dont want to do.

reineke
United States
https://learnalangua
Joined 6390 days ago

851 posts - 1008 votes 
Studies: German

Message 75 of 82
04 September 2007 at 2:17pm | IP Logged 
Happy birthday! The grand committee has chosen you as one of the four finalists in the Total Annihilation challenge. Others are Sheetz, Volte, and Serpent.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 76 of 82
06 September 2007 at 6:43pm | IP Logged 
thanks reineke

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 77 of 82
09 September 2007 at 10:19am | IP Logged 
i dont seem to update this that often anymore, mainly because there isnt much of note to put in it, i seem to spend more of my time on other hobbies at the minute, and im going to try and focus more time on learning Spanish, i dont want to give up on it.

31st 0
1st 5 minutes of flash
2nd 0 minutes birthday
3 rd 0
4th 3 minutes of flash
5th 0
6th 12 minutes of flash
7th 10 minutes of flash
8th 15 minutes of flash

as you can see i have mainly been trying to maintain my current knowledge, and not very hard at that. hopefully today, 9th, will be a much more meaningful day. thanks to anyone who even looks at this, sorry to let you down

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 78 of 82
17 September 2007 at 2:46pm | IP Logged 
9th 34 mins. 3 mins of flash, 21 mins loquella part 1 1-300, 10 mins of podcasts
10th 4 mins of flash
11th 14 mins. 3 mins flash, 11 mins flash final drill
12th 2 mins flash
13th 0
14th 0
15th 0
16th 61 mins. 18 mins of flash, 10 podcasts, 33 NIS Inspired beginners, quite easy but still useful, especially as my audio minutes have been so low for months.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 79 of 82
23 April 2008 at 11:48am | IP Logged 
cant believe i managed to give up on language learning, i was very busy, now im just starting to learn again today. if anyone has any hints and tips to help me catch up to where i was before. still sticking with Spanish, definitely have no time for multiple languages yet.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 80 of 82
24 April 2008 at 1:26pm | IP Logged 
because its been so long, and that i wasnt that advanced with my Spanish learning, im going to start with Michel Thomas from the beginning again, hopefully i wont have to listen to a lot of the sections multiple times. then im going to introduce the flashcards that i created the first time through, and then some podcasts. the main podcasts will be notes in Spanish and coffee break Spanish. then i have some books that i bought, some textbooks and news websites. and probably some tv shows on youtube. any other ideas would be appreciated, i also have the free fsi, or i could use loquella.

so i started yesterday with the first michel thomas set, i went from 1a-2c in 98 minutes, and i was confident that i knew the answers first time through, but it definitely helped as i couldnt remember that much before i started it.

This discussion contains 82 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version