Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6382 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 57 of 82
18 July 2007 at 8:44pm | IP Logged 
How bad would it be to have a couple of duplicated flashcards, really? They'd tend to be of the words you had most trouble with anyhow, I'd expect.

(I'm a big fan of avoiding tedious work when there's no pressing reason to do it, and no particularly major consequences for not doing it).

Good luck!

1 person has voted this message useful

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 58 of 82
21 July 2007 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
been a while since i posted, but not too much to report, seem to have a couple of days off without even planning to. Well here goes.

18th, 188 minutes of CBS parts 15-23, then got a migraine so no flashcards or anything else.
19th. zilch.
20th. none.
21st. not a whole lot better, caught up on my flashcard review, 450 flashcards, took 40 minutes, did well on the cards i usually do well on, but the newest cards i struggled on.

been slack withe everything this weekend, hope to catch up with this, dont wanna take too much time off with this or i will just drop it completely. maybe some time off will be of benefit, as with weight training. fingers crossed.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 59 of 82
23 July 2007 at 7:15am | IP Logged 
22nd was another shocking day, only 15 minutes on my flashcards, definitely going to pick it up today. cant completely drop the ball on this. its good that i still really want to do it as well.

thanks for all the views of this thread, over 1500, hope to give you something interesting to read tomorrow.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 60 of 82
24 July 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged 
23rd, come on, 187 minutes, back in the game. spent 130 minute working with CBS, did parts 24-28 + 30, 29 had no audio so downloaded a new version. think this complements MT very well, learning a lot from it. Spent 10 minutes on MT, last thing i did but still made some progress, and didnt seem to have forgotten anything. Spent 26 minutes updating flashcards from where i am up to in MT, 12 minutes updating from CBS, but the time spent with CBS for flashcards seemed to be a bit wasted and it was slow going, thinking of buying the worksheets, etc. from their site. anyone else bought any? may have to buy the sheets from Notes In Spanish Intermediate as well, seemed good for the listening reading method, but more about that tomorrow.

And the thing i did first was flashcards, they took 9 minutes. so finally back to having a productive day, thanks for still reading. any advice or tips would be appreciated.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 61 of 82
25 July 2007 at 3:12pm | IP Logged 
24th, 110 minutes, not the greatest day of learning, by the evening i wasnt to enthused about learning, and starting to see why a lot of people dont like flashcard programs. Anyway. 100 minutes listening to the first 10 lessons of notes in Spanish intermediate, i really liked these podcasts, as they had quite a lot of things i did know, but have to work on understanding at that speed, as there is one native speaker and someone else who has lived in the country for 10 years. I think this podcast will be much more beneficial to me the coffee break Spanish podcast, you also have to pay for worksheets with this podcast, but it is a full transcipt of a ten minute conversation every lesson and a list of vocabulary and some exercises. Very tempted to spend the $24.50 for the first 15 lessons worth of notes. Anyone else bought them? i think they would be good for practising the listening reading method. hope to get these by the weekend, unless anyone has serious reservations about them. still may get the cbs stuff at a later date, its monthly membership, but you can get the whole back catalogue, so i would only need to sign up for one month.

spent 5 minutes listening to Spanish radio, and 5 minutes on flashcards, didnt finish them. but the day started well with NIS intermediate. thanks again for reading.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 62 of 82
26 July 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged 
25th, 166 minutes, not an overly productive day, caught up with the flashcards i missed on the 24th and did the flashcards for the 25th, total 13 minutes. And spent 153 minutes with NIS Intermediate went through parts 1-15, i know did 1-10 on the 24th, but was painting doors so had to listen to something. I've downloaded a free worksheet from Notes in Spanish to see if it is going to be worth paying the money for them to work through. Hope to work with it in the next few days, ill keep you posted.

I think my Spanish is suffering a little with the lack of MT, especially things i have just covered, i seem to be noticing it in my flashcard work. Not saying i am forgetting a lot, but some of the things that are fully learnt are getting less easy to remember.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 63 of 82
03 August 2007 at 3:02pm | IP Logged 
hey, its been a while, been so busy, not really had any time to learn, i know mea culpa. most days i havent even kept up with my flashcardsm and its been quite a while since i did any serious learning with MT. Really should get back to the MT work as i am already forgetting some of it.

26th 94 minutes, CBS 29+31-33. I do like this, still think i may become a member, when i have more time. and 9minutes with flashcards.

27th just 7 minutes of flashcards.
28-30th nothing. i know, cant have this much time off, especially with all of the other slack learning going on.

31st 15 minutes of flashcards, starting to catch up but not a real strong effort.

1st, 23 minutes, fully caught up with the flashcards. but that was it.

2nd, starting to be a bit more reasonable, but still no MT, 60 minutes. 5 minutes flashcards, 5 minutes on 20minutos.es. 30 minutes working with NISI lesson 2 with the transcript and some of the exercises, this lesson is free on the website as a trial, very worthwhile if you are thinking of buying the transcripts, also if you want to try the listening and reading, no english though. and 20 minutes reading a Spanish book, which i have read in english. picked up a lot of vocabulary in the book and the transcript, now just have to learn it.

even though i am still really busy, i hope to keep up a minimum of 30 minutes a day, and in a couple of weeks i should have a bit more spare time to spend on this.

not really total annihilation any more, but hope to ramp it up again soon, and i cant be bothered to start a new journal. thanks to all those who keep reading this.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 64 of 82
04 August 2007 at 4:40pm | IP Logged 
3rd, 32 minutes, 12 minutes with flashcards, 17 minutes on 20 minutos.es, and 3 minutes reading some phrases. picked up quite a few words on 20minutos.es. i quite like that news site. just have to remember the words now, they are written in my learning log/book.

This discussion contains 82 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version