egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 65 of 82
05 August 2007 at 1:09pm | IP Logged 
4th, 60 minutes. still no mt, think its going to be hard to get on with it again, but hopefully in the week i will get back into the swing of the mt work, as after the end of the coming week i should have a little more time. spent 51 minutes listening to the first 5 NISI podcasts, felt a lot more confident with it, with the new words i have picked up lately. flaschards only took 4 minutes, will have to add more flashcards as i can cope with more than 4 minutes a day, i have enough material to add words that i am familiar with. also spent 5 minutes looking at the notes in Spanish inspired beginners (NISIB) transcript and notes, these seem like quite good podcasts for the beginner, there was some things in it that i didnt know. i would rate myself at high beginner/low intermediate. once i can spend more time with Spanish so that i am more confident with all the tenses then i should be a firm low intermediate. which i think is quite good.
1 person has voted this message useful

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 66 of 82
06 August 2007 at 1:52pm | IP Logged 
5th, 39 minutes. met my, current, target of minimum 30 minutes. flashcards only took 4 minutes again.spent another 10 minutes on 20minutos.es, picked up a lot more words from this, going to have to spend some time learning all of these words so that they can go into my flashcards. finally got back on teh mt work, 15 minutes, and it went quite well should make some progress again with it in the next couple of days. and 10 minutes with NISI, lesson 1, i think its important to listen to Spanish as well as reading. with listening, it makes my brain work quicker with the language, trying to understand/translate. definitely enjoying listening to the NISI podcasts, more than news podcasts, and reading Spanish. once im real happy with grammar ill try and pick up even more words, and then try and push myself into the solid intermediate category. soon i should start doing exercises from my practice makes perfect complete Spanish grammar book that i got a while a go but havent used it too much. that should help clarify a few things aswell.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 67 of 82
07 August 2007 at 3:23pm | IP Logged 
6th, 124 minutes. good amount of time and some good progress, put there was a fair bit of passive work in that. 90 minutes listening to NISI 1-9, really starting to like these as they seem to be helping a lot. And i just bit the bullet and bought the first 15 transcripts, hopefully in the next couple of weeks ill see if they are worth the $24.50. Im going to go through the first 3-4 with transcripts and see what i can pick up, then work with the questions. 10 minutes on 20minutos.es, more useful reading, and picked up a few more words. hopefully this weekend ill have time to learn all these new words.

flashcards took 6 minutes today, doing well with most of things in the cards, but still some problems with some of tenses, i dont think its that im having a lot of problems remembering how each tense works, for however many i have covered now, quite near the end of MTadv, but its noticing when i should be using the different tenses, sometimes, i think my brain just turns off. that was far too long for one sentence. finally 18 minutes of MTadv, hope to have this wrapped up in the next 2 weeks, ive dragged it out long enough.

thanks again for reading, seems im not very descriptive what i have actually done, or what tenses/words i have covered. ill try to do that more in the future.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 68 of 82
07 August 2007 at 3:34pm | IP Logged 
quick post, just found this link on the coffee break Spanish forum quizlet and it seems like all the vocabulary for all the lessons has been inputted into this. so i can use this to learn the vocabulary and then input into my flashcards. happy with this find, ill report back on it in the next couple of days, hopefully its pretty good.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 69 of 82
08 August 2007 at 2:30pm | IP Logged 
7th, not the most productive day, 34 minutes, but was quite happy with finding quizlet. Thought it would be useful just to see all the vocabulary used in CBS, but when i looked and it helped you familiarise yourself with the vocabulary and then test yourself i really liked it. Then i started searching for other peoples word sets, and there are hundreds in Spanish, i thought this could prove really useful, especially for learning new vocabulary, as i could combine their learning techniques, familiarise then test, with Iversens method, which i havent used in a while. This will hopefully work well, especially as a lot of the words are grouped together with similar words in separate word sets. Spent 20 of my 34 minutes playing on that site and finding new word lists on it.

hopefully i should have some spare time in the next 2 weeks when i can spend a fair amount of time working with it and then adding the words to my flashcards, but at the minute im working everyday, and have no time. flashcards only took 4 minutes, and finally i spent 10 minutes reading the transcript of NISI 1 while listening to it. ill spend more time with it and try and learn all the words. ill keep you posted how that works out.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 70 of 82
13 August 2007 at 2:06pm | IP Logged 
firstly, thanks to all the people reading this, over 2000 views.

Been so busy lately, had hardly any time to work on my Spanish, hopefully from this friday i should have a bit more time to work on it, at least for a couple of weeks. Though i am thinking of starting climbing, always looks quite fun, and used to enjoy climbing trees when i was younger, ill see where i can find to go.

8th 0 minutes, so busy.

9th, 8 minutes, caught up with flashcards, but that was all i had time for.

10th 44 minutes, 4 minutes was flashcards, and managed to fit in 40 minutes listening to NISI 1-4 while working.

11th, 0 minutes, finished work with a migraine and went to bed.

12th, 19 minutes, 4 minutes with flashcards, and 15 minutes with NISI 3 listening and reading. with the reading i could notice how much of this topic i didnt know. I know there are a lot of substantial holes in my knowledge, but i couldnt get on with this section at all, so much i didnt know, Im definitely going to have to spend a lot of time with these transcripts to fill in the areas of grammar and vocabulary that i dont know relating to subjects that will come up in everyday conversation first. This third unit covers their flat and what the rooms are and what they are used for. I think these podcasts and their transcripts are very worthwhile, especially when i can spend enough time with them.

any comments or questions about my materials or anything else are welcome, and i will repsond to all.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 71 of 82
19 August 2007 at 5:11am | IP Logged 
been another shocking week, finished the project at work, so have a little more spare time, but the past week was so busy got hardly any learning done. put in a fair effort yesterday. Also i have been lacking some motivation, and did what i usually do, ordered some more materials, some readers the new mt vocab course, cant remember what else, i may end up getting assimil as well. but at the minute that should do.

13th 0
14th 13 minutes with flash
15th 0
16th 0
17th 0
18th 183 minutes, thats more like it, hopefully i can get at least 60 minutes a day. 35 minutes with flash, had to catch up with that, did fairly well, hopefully going to add more words/sentences to it over the next couple of days. spent 50 minutes listening and reading parts 1-5 of NISI, think im going to go through these and learn all the words from it, and do all the exercises, this could take a while. spent 98 minutes watching Y Tu Mama Tambien with subtitles, hopefully i did this effectively, think i didnt zone out the audio much. film wasnt too bad.

egg_uk
United Kingdom
Joined 6361 days ago

203 posts - 204 votes 

Message 72 of 82
21 August 2007 at 11:31am | IP Logged 
19th, was not in the mood, managed to just do my flashcard work, that only took 4 minutes.
20th, 32 minutes, flashcards were even quicker, just 3 minutes. Spent 20 minutes using quizlet to familiarise, then learn and finally test myself with CBS lessons 1+2, think im going to carry this on, but also listen to each lesson before. think i made it up to lesson 30 with listening and following the exercises. May also subscribe to get the extra materials, as i want to push my learning on. Then spent 9 minutes adding the new vocabulary to my flashcards.

After i watched Y Tu Mama Tambien the other day i deleted it from my Sky+, i always do this, and i dont know why, as i often want to keep stuff, bit annoying as i have no other Spanish language films.

This discussion contains 82 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version