United Kingdom
strange-lands.com/le
Joined 5992 days ago

276 posts - 362 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, French

Message 10 of 12
20 April 2009 at 11:00am | IP Logged 
This is space monkey checking in.
I'm three hours off finishing my second pass. I've gotten to the point of listening to entire paragraphs without the book now and while there are plenty of individual words I don't recognize I can generally get the gist of what is being said. So that is 29 hours and I'm already at a listening comprehension level well beyond what I expected; having said that knowing Spanish has helped me a great deal. I wouldn't have progressed as fast without it.

I received my second audiobook in the post last week called 'people of the book'. It is 14.5 hours long. I think instead of doing a third pass with my current book I may start with my new book. The main reason behind this is that as I mentioned earlier 'When Nietzsche wept' is written in a different tense than the book whereas the 'people of the book' audio and book are in the same tense. This should make things easier. I'll do 2 or 3 passes of this book.

Apologies in advance for the obvious touting but the little lady and I are selling everything we own for when we go travelling so I'm happy to sell the audiobooks on ebay if anyone fancies them. I've already copied them to my mp3 player so I don't need the CD anymore.

PM me if you're interested.
2 persons have voted this message useful

rayos
Diglot
United States
Joined 5674 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish

Message 11 of 12
02 May 2009 at 5:16pm | IP Logged 
I'm also interested in learning Brazilian Portuguese through L-R, where did you get
your materials?
1 person has voted this message useful

ribas
Pentaglot
Brazil
blogmarceloribas.blo
Joined 5699 days ago

37 posts - 48 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*, English, Spanish, French, German
Studies: Italian, Mandarin

Message 12 of 12
03 May 2009 at 1:48am | IP Logged 
rayos wrote:
I'm also interested in learning Brazilian Portuguese through L-R, where did you get
your materials?

This website sells Brazilian audiobooks: http://www.audiolivro.com.br

And you can download some also.

Boa sorte! (good luck)

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version