Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5051 days ago

15 posts - 17 votes
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: German, Japanese, French

Message 9 of 23
30 December 2010 at 4:29pm | IP Logged 
Ach, mooi, mooi, ik heb het zelf nooit mooi gevonden, maar ik kan me voorstellen dat er mensen zijn die de
"bossen" en parken mooi vinden. Het is voor mij ongeveer vijf minuten lopen om bij de waterbus/fast ferry
te komen en die gaat nog steeds twee kanten op, dus ik neem aan dat ie ook nog in Dordt stopt. Ik ga
meestel met de Fast Ferry naar Rotterdam, dus ik ga eigenlijk altijd de verkeerde kant op.
1 person has voted this message useful

Gerwin
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5051 days ago

15 posts - 17 votes

Message 10 of 23
30 December 2010 at 4:32pm | IP Logged 
Kuikentje wrote:
My Dutch teacher was from Zuid Limburg (in my old school some years ago) therefore
my accent in Dutch is French and South Limburgish haha! I hope that it's not absolutely weird! Now I'm 18,
nearly 19. You're little bit younger I think, no? About 17? From where in the Netherlands you come?

I'm 19 myself, going on 20 in March. Hmm, French and South Limburgish, a "zachte g" and the infamous
French R combined, sounds interesting!

ReneeMona
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5279 days ago

864 posts - 1274 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, EnglishC2
Studies: French

Message 13 of 23
30 December 2010 at 5:08pm | IP Logged 
Kuikentje wrote:
Reneemona, in which team are you? What a pity you're not in team X!!!

I'm on team Œ, because my main language is French. But I also study English full time so I guess I could just as easily have been on team X. EDIT: I've been moved to team X ;-)

Edited by ReneeMona on 31 December 2010 at 12:29pm

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5791 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 23
30 December 2010 at 5:27pm | IP Logged 
Renee en Gerwin, ik heb me de door jullie genoemde steden maar eens op de kaart bekeken, dat ligt allemaal dicht bij Rotterdam. Ik ben in Rotterdam slechts één keer geweest, dat was bij een bezoek aan de/het "Centra Oficejo" van de Universala Esperanto Asocio (UEA), want die/dat ligt daar midden in de stad.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 30 December 2010 at 5:29pm

Gerwin
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5051 days ago

15 posts - 17 votes

Message 15 of 23
31 December 2010 at 9:42am | IP Logged 
Last night, inspired by the wonderful log of Professor Arguelles, I've been working on a similar system for
myself. I think it's pretty accurate to say I went slightly overboard .. Every language has it's own tab,
divided into two columns, one for the learning part of the language, and one for the reading part. Each
has it's own "day counter", meaning that it doesn't divide everything by a single amount of days. This
makes it easier for me to add different languages at different times, and still get an accurate average of
minutes per day spent on things, instead of 1.5 minutes everyday if I don't work on something for a while.
I also made it slightly modular, meaning I can add a new language very quickly, and provided myself a
template of the language tab to make it even quicker!

Yes, I get excited about excell-sheets .. *chuckles*

It took me a while to get all the calculations right, but I think I've got a fairly comprehensive log in place
now. I might add a daily log of what I did in there as well, but I'm not quite sure how to go about adding
something like that, but still keep the proper calculations in place. *scratches his head*

I've uploaded it to two places for anyone who's interested to have a look at it.

Google Docs: http://bit.ly/fU26bh
2Shared: http://jump.fm/RVBVV

The 2Shared link should be slightly better on the aestatic front, because Google Docs doesn't seem to
keep my bolding of the lines and related things, not sure why.

Tell me what you think, and if you'd like a custom one, and can't be bothered to edit mine, I'd be happy to
make on for you as well. That should keep my love for spreadsheets going for a while! :D

Cheers,
Gerwin

Edited by Gerwin on 01 January 2011 at 9:17pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Gerwin
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5051 days ago

15 posts - 17 votes

Message 16 of 23
01 January 2011 at 9:17pm | IP Logged 
First of all, happy new year to everyone! Let's hope 2011 will be a great year for language learning, and a great year in general.

I woke up quite a lot later than usual, and after that I had to make some visits to family, so I couldn't get as much done as I would've liked. I also had to deal with quite a headache ( I'm not a drinker, so it wasn't a hangover! *grins* ), which made things even worse. Oh well, I'm sure tomorrow'll be better!

German

- I finished the first chapter of Teach Yourself German, which was very, very easy. Most of it was greetings, which I already knew, so I didn't really learn anything.

Japanese

- I set up Anki and downloaded the Remembering the Kanji deck, so I spent some time figuring that out. I also added 10 Kanji as a matter of testing, will be adding 20 every day from now on.

I just have to log my work in my excel sheet and write a page or two in my journal, and I'll be done for today.

Cheers,
Gerwin

This discussion contains 23 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version