Brazil
missaoitaliano.wordpRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5171 days ago

196 posts - 292 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2
Studies: Italian

Message 9 of 14
20 February 2013 at 5:37pm | IP Logged 
This year hasn't started well for my health: I'm constantly sick, suffered an accident and some changes are really making me a little depressed. But hey, hopefully everything will get better.

The past two weeks have been really disappointing. I studied almost no Italian, zero French and Persian was basically anki-only (not good for a 6WC, huh?). At least I'm getting used to reading it, and I get most words right - except.. oh well, it's a pain not having the vowels, but I think I'll eventually get it. English spelling was a beast that I managed to tame - not perfectly, but to a decent level.

Actually, English is becoming some sort of a main focus; I'll try TOEFL in May and really need to get better at speaking. I need a big score to try some exchange programs. My writing, reading and listening skills are good, I have almost no problem understanding or getting understood, but I have no one to talk to. I really need someone to chat with, but I haven't met any native speaker and I'm too shy to try Skype with random guys.

Oh well, I think I'll soon catch up with everything, but I'm feeling a little demotivated right now.
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6562 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 10 of 14
26 February 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged 
Things always get better eventually, so hang in there. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I've not been doing much studying lately either, but it's OK to take a little break if you need to -- even during the 6WC :)

FireViN
Diglot
Brazil
Joined 5171 days ago

196 posts - 292 votes 

Message 11 of 14
26 February 2013 at 2:35pm | IP Logged 
I'm actually enjoying "studying" English via movies/tv shows, but I feel like my Italian is suffering ):

FireViN
Diglot
Brazil
Joined 5171 days ago

196 posts - 292 votes 

Message 12 of 14
19 April 2013 at 8:48pm | IP Logged 
Sooo, I'm "officially" back on track!

I've been through a rough time, but perhaps it's ending soon. Restarted Assimil, first lesson of active phase. I'll try hard to study one lesson a day.

English - I decided to try TOEFL in June, mainly because most of my exams start around May, and I wanted at least one month to dive deep in some preparation books. I'm not reading (for pleasure) in Portuguese anymore (except for university readings) or watching movies with subtitles. I feel pretty comfortable and confident, I'm sure I can score at least 90 at te iBT. That should be enough.

Dropped Persian and French. I really enjoyed learning Persian, but with all the things that have happened the last 3 months, I couldn't simply fit it in my daily life. I disliked French. Don't know, maybe some day I'll start enjoying it, but it had become some sort of obligation, and I know learning languages shouldn't be like that, so I dropped it.

Tsopivo
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4413 days ago

258 posts - 411 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Esperanto

Message 13 of 14
26 April 2013 at 5:16am | IP Logged 
Welcome back! I hope your rough time comes to an end soon.

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4370 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 14 of 14
03 August 2013 at 9:18pm | IP Logged 
I noticed you've started German with the august 6WC! Hope it goes well for you.

How was the TOEFL? Were you pleased with your results? It's a bit late now but if you still want someone to practice
your English with i'd be happy to skype with you =) we can practice a bit of Italian too if you're still studying it!

This discussion contains 14 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version