rhinospike.com
Joined 6202 days ago

38 posts - 38 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Swedish

Message 1 of 2
12 March 2008 at 11:29am | IP Logged 
Hello,

I wanted to post about two Swedish resources targeted at foreign learners. They both have audio recordings of daily news and exact word-for-word transcriptions, so it's great for listening and reading practice. Moreover, they are both in "easy" Swedish so even beginners (like me) can jump in without being overwhelmed.

The first one is called 8sidor. They post audio for about 6-10 stories everyday with transcript (look for the big microphone with the word LYSSNA on the right sidebar). I've been listening to these everyday in the morning before breakfast and then again at night. I just started Swedish, so I don't understand most of it, but even so I get a lot out of it because I can recognize many English cognates and get used to the sounds of Swedish. It will be of even more benefit to someone who is further along in their Swedish studies.

The other one I've seen mentioned here before, but I'll write about it anyway. It's called Klartext and is hosted on Sveriges Radio. It is in a similar format. News stories in easy Swedish audio with transcripts. Sveriges Radio has a lot of other programs (but targeted at Swedes) that you can listen to also. Some of the children's programs might be suitable for beginning students.

Does anyone know of any more?
1 person has voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6852 days ago

4250 posts - 5711 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 2
02 July 2008 at 1:57pm | IP Logged 
Not really a radio program, but the newspaper Aftonbladet now has a crime series which is also available as a free podcast:
Brotten som skakade Sverige

Link to the first podcast below the 2 July image. The transcript is available for PLUS members (or those who buy the printed newspaper).
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version