Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Podcast about learning German in German?

Tags: Podcast | German
 Language Learning Forum : Advice Center Post Reply
Tollpatchig
United States
Joined 3953 days ago

161 posts - 210 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Maltese

Message 1 of 4
06 February 2014 at 2:05am | IP Logged 
I've been thinking about making a podcast where I chronicle my journey through learning
German, and I was thinking about doing in German so I can get in some practice and also
have points of reference where I can keep track of my speaking ability and see how it
improves over time. Hopefully also get some good stories of listeners. Now they won't be
entirely in German but I'd ideally like to keep it at least 60% German and the rest
English since I think learners all encounter the same problems. You can think of it has
being the same poking fun vein as 'The Awful German Language'.

Do you think this is a good idea or no? Would you listen to such a podcast?
3 persons have voted this message useful

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
HowToLanguages.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4635 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, German
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Persian

Message 2 of 4
06 February 2014 at 3:58am | IP Logged 
I think it's a great idea. I was thinking of doing something similar myself. I would totally listen to something like that and would love to "guest host" and/or participate in some capacity.

PM me if you would be interested in collaboration or further discussion about something like that. Feel free to decline as well as this is your thread and idea, but I think it could be a lot of fun and helpful for future German learners.
1 person has voted this message useful

Tollpatchig
United States
Joined 3953 days ago

161 posts - 210 votes 
Studies: German, Maltese

Message 3 of 4
06 February 2014 at 4:05am | IP Logged 
BaronBill wrote:
I think it's a great idea. I was thinking of doing something
similar myself. I would totally listen to something like that and would love to "guest
host" and/or participate in some capacity.

PM me if you would be interested in collaboration or further discussion about something
like that. Feel free to decline as well as this is your thread and idea, but I think
it could be a lot of fun and helpful for future German learners.

Thanks for the offer Bill. I would love to have some help with it since I don't know
how to set it up, what exactly the topics should be or anything like that. I hope your
German is stronger than mine because I would really want someone with better skills
doing it with me. I'll PM you tomorrow with my email address, I'm starting to get
sleepy now.

I'm With Stupid
Vietnam
Joined 4119 days ago

165 posts - 349 votes 
Studies: German, Vietnamese

Message 4 of 4
06 February 2014 at 10:20am | IP Logged 
I'd do it as a video, personally, because you can use subtitles. Without subtitles you're limiting your audience to people who speak both English and German.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version