patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4386 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 9 of 10
08 January 2014 at 2:07pm | IP Logged 
If you really need to get to B2 as fast as possible (for work, whatever) I am not sure this is the most efficient method.

I have a Langenscheidt mono-dictionary, which is beautifully produced, and from which I did data-mine sentences for Anki. However, as soon as I could I switched over to native materials.

Can you access lots of German media in Turkey? If so, I would recommend the old route of lots of reading (ebooks are effective) and watching films/tv/webcasts etc.

1 person has voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4762 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 10 of 10
09 January 2014 at 10:36pm | IP Logged 
Langenscheidt has a software version of the same thing. I don't have the link to hand, but I found the software a couple of years ago on amazon.de. The software seems to work in either direction, German > English or English > German. It has some sort of flashcard facility, and allows you to create mp3 files of vocab + sentences from chosen sets of words.

Personally, I wouldn't think you could get to B2 only from a programme like this, but it would certainly help a lot.

As to what else you could use, I think you don't need to go much further than Deutsche Welle. It has learning materials targeted at the CEFR levels.

Edited by Jeffers on 09 January 2014 at 10:39pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version