United States
Joined 7058 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 9 of 11
12 January 2014 at 3:29am | IP Logged 
seemewoo wrote:
For example if i listen to a lesson in assimil, I recognise the words on the audio,
however I have to sit and think what these words are before I understand what the audio means.

This just means you have to spend more time on the lesson. It may be helpful to read the translation without
the audio a few times so you understand exactly what is going on. After that, listen to the audio and continue
reading the translation (English). Once the audio makes sense, then continue listening, but start reading the
Spanish and see if you can keep up.
1 person has voted this message useful

Zireael
Triglot
Poland
Joined 4504 days ago

518 posts - 636 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, Spanish
Studies: German, Sign Language, Tok Pisin, Arabic (Yemeni), Old English

Message 10 of 11
12 January 2014 at 11:25am | IP Logged 
seemewoo wrote:
Hi,
I have got to a stage with my Spanish where I can listen to the language being spoken, and recognise the
words being said, however I can't understand them.

For example if i listen to a lesson in assimil, I recognise the words on the audio, however I have to sit and
think what these words are before I understand what the audio means.

Sorry if this isn't making much sense but this is the best way I can explain it :-/

It's really frustrating because I know the words, I just can't seem to understand the meaning of them quickly
enough.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

If it is frustrating for you in Spanish, imagine such episodes from time to time in your native language!

seemewoo
United Kingdom
Joined 4421 days ago

21 posts - 22 votes

Message 11 of 11
13 January 2014 at 12:38am | IP Logged 
Oh god! I would hate that!

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version