21 messages over 3 pages: 1 2 3  Next >>
Vlad
Trilingual Super Polyglot
Czechoslovakia
foreverastudent.com
Joined 6396 days ago

443 posts - 576 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, Hungarian*, Mandarin, EnglishC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Serbian, French
Studies: Persian, Taiwanese, Romanian, Portuguese

Message 1 of 21
07 February 2008 at 10:47am | IP Logged 
I came accross this kid today on youtube. I searched the forum, but I didn't find anything about him.

23 year old from Bosna and Herzegovina, speaks close to 30 languages, understands other 12 (I hope I understood correctly) and knows simple phrases in close to 50 languages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYLnsgKVbIw&feature=related

It's all in Bosnian (I think). You can only hear a little of his French, which is a little sad. Him..I barely could catch a word here and there, but when the woman was speaking in the back, I could understand quite well to my surprise.

EDIT: There is an extremely annoying clicking sound every 15-20 seconds..

Edited by Vlad on 07 February 2008 at 10:55am

1 person has voted this message useful

tobagatin
Triglot
Croatia
Joined 5944 days ago

11 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Croatian*, English, French
Studies: Italian, Russian

Message 2 of 21
15 February 2008 at 2:52pm | IP Logged 
I saw that video when I was searching for that guy, and you have probably understood correctly. I heard for him last year for the first time and tried to contact him, but unsuccessfully. According to the bosnian media he is able to communicate in more than 20 languages, accounts vary...

bushwick
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 6056 days ago

407 posts - 443 votes 
Speaks: German, Croatian*, English, Dutch
Studies: French, Japanese

Message 3 of 21
15 February 2008 at 4:47pm | IP Logged 
too bad they don't show him speaking, nor mentioning which ones he speaks...

tobagatin
Triglot
Croatia
Joined 5944 days ago

11 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Croatian*, English, French
Studies: Italian, Russian

Message 4 of 21
16 February 2008 at 3:52am | IP Logged 
last year when I was searching for him on the internet I found out several newspapers articles about him, but all of them were in croatian, serbian, bosnian...it is said that he speaks almost all european languages, and some others also.he has also some web pages about languages...   

the_lizard
Bosnia Hercegovina
Joined 5936 days ago

8 posts - 11 votes

Message 5 of 21
18 February 2008 at 12:44am | IP Logged 
As they say in Hebrew, אם מוחמד לא יבוא אל הפורום, הפורום ילך אל המוחמד - or if Muhamed doesn't come to the forum, the forum will go to Muhamed. :)

And why is hearing a little of my French said?

A čo ešte chcete vedieť? :)

the_lizard
Bosnia Hercegovina
Joined 5936 days ago

8 posts - 11 votes

Message 6 of 21
18 February 2008 at 12:48am | IP Logged 
and BTW, "almost all European languages" is a gross understatement of Europe's linguistic diversity. I'm nowere near to fluency in Cornish, Occitan, Veps, Arvanitika, Friulan or Frisian, to name but a few (lest I mention my non-ability of speaking Latvian and the horrendous mistakes I make in attempts to sound authentically Kashubian).

:) Muhamed

Vlad
Trilingual Super Polyglot
Czechoslovakia
foreverastudent.com
Joined 6396 days ago

443 posts - 576 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak*, Hungarian*, Mandarin, EnglishC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Serbian, French
Studies: Persian, Taiwanese, Romanian, Portuguese

Message 7 of 21
18 February 2008 at 1:19am | IP Logged 
Welcome to the forum!!!

I meant that it was sad, that we got to hear only a little bit of your French and not your other languages also.

the_lizard
Bosnia Hercegovina
Joined 5936 days ago

8 posts - 11 votes

Message 8 of 21
18 February 2008 at 1:29am | IP Logged 
Ďakujem! :) (speaking of which - would you write "ďiki" or "diki" - guessing every 'd' undergoes lenition in Slovak before an 'i'... I've seen "diky" written as well, BTW)

Well, RTL just made a documentary about something they call "autistic savants" (I've been put into both of these boxes every once in a while), so you'll hear me speaking some more of my languages on stock. Including some I'm still learning, such as Georgian and Thai :)

This discussion contains 21 messages over 3 pages: 2 3  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version