HudaMd
United Arab Emirates
Joined 4124 days ago

14 posts - 14 votes
Studies: Arabic (classical)*

Message 1 of 9
23 November 2013 at 4:02pm | IP Logged 
Hello ,

Please I want to ask about this course ( Deutsch warum nicht ? ) .. it is mentioned that the full series is up to B1
level .. Does that means that one can pass B1 exam when mastering every aspect of this series ( vocab, grammar
..etc ) ?

Has anybody passed B1 exam with only this course ?

Thanks in advance ..

Edited by Fasulye on 24 November 2013 at 2:19pm

1 person has voted this message useful

FelixKatze
United Kingdom
Joined 4110 days ago

20 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 2 of 9
23 November 2013 at 4:25pm | IP Logged 
While I have not yet finished this this course, I would say it is highly unlikely that you could reach B1 using only this course, and no other resources; no matter how thoroughly you master it.

It is good, yes, but I think it is more suited to supplemental use, than as a primary focus.

HudaMd
United Arab Emirates
Joined 4124 days ago

14 posts - 14 votes

Message 3 of 9
23 November 2013 at 4:27pm | IP Logged 
Many thanks FelixKatze .. Please, What do you suggest as a primary source ?

FelixKatze
United Kingdom
Joined 4110 days ago

20 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 4 of 9
23 November 2013 at 6:08pm | IP Logged 
Well, there is Assimil, if you like dialogue-based materials I'd recommend it. A bonus is that it doesn't take up much time on its own, so it is easily combined with other learning materials.

Living German, which teaches grammar and vocabulary through brief reading passages, is also very good, and would be a suitable partner for Assimil.

Whatever you choose as primary, I'd recommend continuing to use supplemental materials alongside it. Deutsch Warum Nicht (alongside other Deutsche Welle offerings, just stay away from Mission Berlin which is awful), and Duolingo are good for that.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6543 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 5 of 9
24 November 2013 at 3:31am | IP Logged 
Deutsch Warum Nicht is fantastic. You can use it as your primary resource, the main thing is that it can't be the only one.

But if you really master everything, Assimil will take you closer to B1. But whatever you choose, warum nicht is worth a listen if nothing else.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6543 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 6 of 9
24 November 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged 
Also if you actually need to pass a B1 exam, your best bet is to reach the level where you would meet the requirements, in your own opinion, and then look at the specifics of the exam. If possible, sit a "mock exam" and/or find a tutor who is familiar with this particular exam. Work through the sample materials, especially for listening.

beano
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4568 days ago

1049 posts - 2152 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Russian, Serbian, Hungarian

Message 7 of 9
24 November 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged 
Are there any websites where you can see what a B1 exam actually looks like?

HudaMd
United Arab Emirates
Joined 4124 days ago

14 posts - 14 votes

Message 8 of 9
24 November 2013 at 2:01pm | IP Logged 
@ FelixKatze --> Thanks for the advice, I will check assimil soon and try to add it to my daily schedule ..

@ Serpent --> Thank you very much, I will continue with " Warum nicht" :) I found it interesting and encouraging :)
What about after finishing this course, continue with " Top Thema " articles, I find them very interesting ?

@ beano --> yes , please check this Link
http://www.goethe.de/lrn/prj/pba/bes/zdj/m
at/enindex.htm

Many thanks for you guys ..

This discussion contains 9 messages over 2 pages: 2  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version