Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4467 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 9 of 12
08 December 2013 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
Just wait for a while. After some time, you'll know which language it should be. Don't
try to find a new language, the right one will find you.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4955 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 10 of 12
08 December 2013 at 10:28pm | IP Logged 
Well, first consider how much free time do you have left.

And then: what do you want to do with the language? Do you want a language for traveling? For job opportunities? For reading your favourite author? Something you really like just to enjoy it?

Answering this question should narrow down your choices. Than, I recommend listening to the languages left on the list a bit, learning what all would you need to learn and what doors the language may open. And than it should be clear. However, you may not need to hurry, if you want to hunt down Spanish first.
1 person has voted this message useful

Tollpatchig
United States
Joined 3953 days ago

161 posts - 210 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Maltese

Message 11 of 12
09 December 2013 at 4:22am | IP Logged 
Thanks everyone. I'm sorry I'm so late replying but I was at work earlier today.

Anyways, I agree with the people who told me to wait and see how I progress with the languages I'm already learning. Both German and Finnish are difficult so I may have to just stick with those two right now. That being said, I really want to use German more in my daily life. I had joined a German group on Meetup but their meetings are all during a time when I have to work not to mention I have no car.

That's another question I'd like to ask here, how do find ways to use your language actively everyday? Videos and TV is fine but I'd really like to talk. It's weird, at first I wouldn't dream of talking to any one in German and now I want to speak it everyday.
1 person has voted this message useful

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
HowToLanguages.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4635 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, German
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Persian

Message 12 of 12
09 December 2013 at 5:09am | IP Logged 
Tollpatchig wrote:
That being said, I really want to use German more in my daily life. I had joined a German group on Meetup but their meetings are all during a time when I have to work not to mention I have no car.

That's another question I'd like to ask here, how do find ways to use your language actively everyday? Videos and TV is fine but I'd really like to talk. It's weird, at first I wouldn't dream of talking to any one in German and now I want to speak it everyday.

Skype language exchanges are one good way to use your German. There are dozens of language exchange websites around. It may take awhile to find the right partner, bur when you do, it's awesome. Also, you could get a lot of free or inexpensive language practice at italki.com

Edited by BaronBill on 09 December 2013 at 5:24am

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version